Cmrc??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CMRC=Charge motion runner control Valves. It is similar but different then the IMRC

Nope Tanker... it's gotta be "Clamped-Mode Resonant Converter", just like a Flux Capacitor but different. <G> Unless it's "Citizens for Marijuana Regulation and Control" in which case I will defer to my Cali brethren. <G>

Falcon
I FLY high!

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope Tanker... it's gotta be "Clamped-Mode Resonant Converter", just like a Flux Capacitor but different. <G> Unless it's "Citizens for Marijuana Regulation and Control" in which case I will defer to my Cali brethren. <G>

Falcon
I FLY high!
I think my IQ just dropped a few points. Thank you

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always been familiar with it as the CMCV or Charge motion control valve and it is only a new term for the IMRC or intake manifold runner control. I will have to check my sources, but believe the 5.4L after 07' or 08' did not use the CMCV. I think it is currently only used on the 4.6L. Basically, it changes the intake manifold from a single plane to dual plane and back to a single as demand requires.

There are several different types of hardware used to control airflow within the engine air intake system. In general, the devices are based on whether they control in-cylinder motion (charge motion) or manifold dynamics (tuning)

FSM

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always been familiar with it as the CMCV or Charge motion control valve and it is only a new term for the IMRC or intake manifold runner control. I will have to check my sources, but believe the 5.4L after 07' or 08' did not use the CMCV. I think it is currently only used on the 4.6L. Basically, it changes the intake manifold from a single plane to dual plane and back to a single as demand requires.

There are several different types of hardware used to control airflow within the engine air intake system. In general, the devices are based on wheter they control in-cylinder motion (charge motion) or manifold dynamics (tuning)

FSM

You are so frickeni' cool, I can't even counter.

Falcon