Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy balls! I got my ‘22 back today after getting the rear shocks replaced (fronts already replaced previously) and I have to say this thing drives like a completely different truck. No longer rattles like golf balls are in the bed of the truck and it feels much more solid. I’m finally able to enjoy my truck after a year of ownership. For those dealing with the same issue, there is hope!
Do you think it was just one shock, or was it multiple? I can swear I hear it from both the front and the rear depending on which bump I am going over.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t follow up with an update on mine because I had a chance to get a 37

Feels great and no clunk. Like a different truck 76CCF536-A35C-4ADD-AD42-5D65C018097D.jpeg

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think it was just one shock, or was it multiple? I can swear I hear it from both the front and the rear depending on which bump I am going over.
I first had the fronts replaced because of a rattle in the steering wheel/steering column, that tightened up the steering feel but then I noticed how noisy the rears were. Got those replaced after a bunch of back and forth with the dealer and it’s tight as a tiger back there.

Stern_94

Reaction score
I took my truck to the dealer for this issue last week. Sounds like I have a hitch rattling in the receiver when driving slower 15-30mph over bumps or roads that are in bad shape. Seems to only be in the rear but hard to say for sure. The dealer took a look and said things seem normal. He said he drove a MY23 built in November and it made the same sound. I know the service manager well and he is usually great about getting things fixed for me. They more or less don't want to take the chance and have Ford charge them for the repairs. I guess they were bit pretty bad by Ford recently with some repairs they did.

Anyone have any advice on how to better convince them that this isnt normal?

JCloud

Reaction score
Anyone have any advice on how to better convince them that this isnt normal?
After finishing reading through this entire thread two days ago - I believe collective wisdom would say to either do nothing and try to ignore it (not likely), or to simply travel to another more receptive dealer. And if you really do want to work with the dealer you’re at currently, you could always refer them to SSM 50972 regarding this very issue acknowledged by ford - but as wiser individuals in this thread have already stated, do so gently.

slater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Stern_94, same symptoms here, the exact same response they drove an MY23 to compare and it had the same noise. My truck is out of the TSB date range but got the same response. I wish a zone rep or someone from Ford would actually come to drive the truck.

Stern_94

Reaction score
After finishing reading through this entire thread two days ago - I believe collective wisdom would say to either do nothing and try to ignore it (not likely), or to simply travel to another more receptive dealer. And if you really do want to work with the dealer you’re at currently, you could always refer them to SSM 50972 regarding this very issue acknowledged by ford - but as wiser individuals in this thread have already stated, do so gently.
Pretty much the consensous I got from reading about it. Ignoring it will be tough. I thought about another dealer which I may try. They read the SSM as well, but they still don't want to take the chance on it. Maybe something more concrete will come out to address the issue, but it seems unlikely at this point.

@Stern_94, same symptoms here, the exact same response they drove an MY23 to compare and it had the same noise. My truck is out of the TSB date range but got the same response. I wish a zone rep or someone from Ford would actually come to drive the truck.
Pretty frustrating. I may bug them more next time I'm in there and maybe see about going for a ride in a MY23 if possible. I'll be at Raptor Assault in May and plan to see if they are aware of it. Also curious if those trucks make the same noise or not.