Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck was sitting at the dealer since Monday to get the front two replaced. Got a call today saying to come pick it up while they wait for 8 one time use bolts that are on back order indefinitely. Can’t count the number of times I’ve dropped the truck off at this point just for the front shock issue alone. Frustrating to say the least.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Attended raptor assault and the instructor said the clunking issue is with the front shocks. Said something about Fox not chamfering a part enough. Said the problem is annoying but is mechanically sound. Issue was fixed in early 2022 builds. He wasn’t sure what Fords fix was going to be.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a fix, they updated the front shocks to fix the issue. Not all FY22s received the updated part, mine is currently waiting on bolts to get my fronts replaced.

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a sound clip or video on the noise I could reference? I’m wondering if I have it.

Read through the thread a lot of us posted videos. But if you are asking the question, assuming you are not hearing noises; therefore i suggest do something more productive