Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Touringchef

Reaction score
Nice truck! So even the 37s are having this problem. You said the noise was coming from rear? Most everyone else says the front, can feel it on the gas pedal and definitley sounds and feels like it is the front on mine. You are right, you cant really tell its lifted on yours, but probably the bigger tires ect. Keep us posted.

Manners226

Reaction score
I just installed RPG 3 inch front collar and 2inch rear spacer and my clunk went away‍♂️
My 2.25" RPG front collars and Foutz 3/4" rear spacers made zero difference. Clunk/rattle is there regardless.

Low speed parking lot type situations is where it's the worst. It's annoying. I have always driven lifted trucks and had plenty of racecars and modified performance cars so I'm no diva, but if this was one of my cars, I'd have taken the sway bar mounts or strut mounts off by now trying to diag the issue because it is there... Ford needs to hurry up and come out with a TSB.

Last edited:

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! And yeah mine was def coming from rear
Mine is definitely coming from the rear, also. It feels and sounds like a loose golf ball that only bounces on bumps or even a quick turn. Was at the dealer for a month while they talked back and forth.... got to put a bunch of miles on the loaner. Going back tomorrow to get the SYNC/Nav update (new service bulletin), and put chassis ears on it (not sure if they did that before). In the driver seat, it seems to be left rear, but a rider in the passenger seat thought right rear... so not really sure. I suspect left rear shock.

Bmwtech113

Reaction score
I was able to pick up a ‘22 with 37pp sooner than I anticipated. The clunk is there on 37s as well. I thought at first that it might not have been quite as noticeable but it was a very warm day when I picked it up from the dealer. Well today it’s been cloudy and not as warm and the noise/feel is pretty much identical to the ‘21 I had with 35s.

Last edited:

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to pick up a ‘22 with 37pp sooner than I anticipated. The clunk is there on 37s as well. I thought at first that it might not have been quite as noticeable but it was a very warm day when I picked it up from the dealer. Well today it’s been cloudy and not as warm and the noise/feel is pretty much identical to the ‘21 I had with 35s.
I mean I could have told you that it was there on the 37..would have saved you from buying another truck

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to pick up a ‘22 with 37pp sooner than I anticipated. The clunk is there on 37s as well. I thought at first that it might not have been quite as noticeable but it was a very warm day when I picked it up from the dealer. Well today it’s been cloudy and not as warm and the noise/feel is pretty much identical to the ‘21 I had with 35s
Oh well. It’s still annoying but knowing that the 2 Gen 3s I’ve driven feel the exact same way makes it slightly easier to deal with….for now.
my second gen 3 is a 37 after having a 35. 35 clunk was brutal. 37 clunk is slightly annoying. 37s at the raptor assault had zero clunk. I think you were on the right track before, we just need to dial it in more.

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been discussed but could be a loose spare tire under the truck rattling?