Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to Raptor assault a couple days ago. Perfect weather. But anyway Kyle said that Fox came recently and there is supposed to be a bulletin coming out. He said one of the plates in the front shock was machined too smooth? And that it was allowing I believe the spring to move a little bit causing the noise. Said they are making new pieces.
whon is Kyle?

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went and checked mine. I see the piece you are talking about, but when I place the chassis ears on the coil spring like I did in the 2 videos I posted a few weeks ago and I make that piece around the steering rack clunk, nothing is picked up in the chassis ears.
any thoughts on post #602??

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to Raptor assault a couple days ago. Perfect weather. But anyway Kyle said that Fox came recently and there is supposed to be a bulletin coming out. He said one of the plates in the front shock was machined too smooth? And that it was allowing I believe the spring to move a little bit causing the noise. Said they are making new pieces.
Kyle is great, had a great conversation with him on ideal off road tire pressures. Anyway, I thought most of the complaints on this noise issue were coming from 35" trucks? Cause all the Raptor Assault trucks are 37PP trucks. Sounds like a bigger issue effecting both 35 & 37's?

datonyjr2023

Reaction score
Mines a 35”. Hopefully Kyle is right and a fix is coming.
I’m no mechanic, so I don’t know much, but has anyone ever investigated the CV shaft? I know if you slightly pull left and right on that rod it makes a knocking sound, but not sure if that is normal or not.

gandararaptor

Reaction score
Hi, I'm from Chile and I have the same problem with my gen3 2022. The sound comes from the pedals and the floor on the driver's side. I've taken it to Ford twice and they only say that it's normal and that they don't hear anything strange (haha, they know that is not normal and if they listen but it is not convenient for them to assume) has anyone really been able to solve this issue that can help me please?