Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bmwtech113

Reaction score
well the speaker is on the dash, collecting the sound from under the truck. I.E. chassis ears. Thats just a magnification. Does anyone have clunking actually that loud in the truck without magnification. it could be a little misleading how loud it actually is in the truck. Non the less it shouldn't be like that and needs to be fixed. Hopefully it gets remedied quick. I may have to buy a set of chassis ears myself to see if its that bad as well.
The noise is not that loud without chassis ears. I have the speaker volume turned up so that it will be picked up in the video. However the clunk feeling in the floor/pedal area matches perfectly with the noise.

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The noise is not that loud without chassis ears. I have the speaker volume turned up so that it will be picked up in the video. However the clunk feeling in the floor/pedal area matches perfectly with the noise.
same here bmwtech. so annoying to feel it...

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same here bmwtech. so annoying to feel it...
Mine was pretty obvious and loud. It is currently at dealer to be looked at. Sounded to me to be right rear wheel area. Much more distinctive than the recording. Literally sound like a golfball loose in the bed that would normally stay put, but on bumps bounces around. Try dropping a golf ball from 4' onto bed. That is what mine sounded like. Service manager heard it right away, no doubt it wasn't normal. Will report back when I get more info.

Meanwhile, all the cheaper Fords I get as a loaner allow hanging up the phone from steering wheel... am I missing how to do that on my Raptor? Don't like being required to reach over to hang up, sometimesall the way on the right side of the screen. Have a link to a thread about that?

Bmwtech113

Reaction score
I took mine to another dealer on Thursday of last week. The technician couldn't really hear/feel the clunk so I went by there on Saturday to ride with him. I took the chassis ears on the test drive and showed him the issue. So after we duplicated the clunk he said he would open a hot line case with Ford but due to the holiday it would be a few days before hearing anything. The service advisor just called and told me what Ford replied with. They know there is an issue with the front struts but are advised not to replace the struts until they have finalized the repair process for this issue.

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine to another dealer on Thursday of last week. The technician couldn't really hear/feel the clunk so I went by there on Saturday to ride with him. I took the chassis ears on the test drive and showed him the issue. So after we duplicated the clunk he said he would open a hot line case with Ford but due to the holiday it would be a few days before hearing anything. The service advisor just called and told me what Ford replied with. They know there is an issue with the front struts but are advised not to replace the struts until they have finalized the repair process for this issue.
thank you for the update!

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
every raptor ive had (4) has had fox shocks , every raptor ive had does that. Every f150 ive driven (many)didnt have fox shocks , none made the clunk....