Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Touringchef

Reaction score
I guess I'm not sure what happened, but mine is totally gone. Up to about 1000 miles I noticed it, and after that nothing.... Ford does state in the owners manual to disregard funny suspension noises until after 1000 miles. Not sure...
Mine not totally gone, but much less. Very difficult to hear or feel. We will see when weather gets cold again. If it comes back straight off the cliff

Attachments

• These Guys are Awesome.mp4
    10.4 MB

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish mine would go away with the warm weather but even last week in 95 plus heat it has been constant since day 1. Does it most of the way down the asphalt section and all the way down my gravel driveway portion and most of the surrounding country roads, so there is not a day goes by that I don't have it. All 14,000 miles so far.

Touringchef

Reaction score
I wish mine would go away with the warm weather but even last week in 95 plus heat it has been constant since day 1. Does it most of the way down the asphalt section and all the way down my gravel driveway portion and most of the surrounding country roads, so there is not a day goes by that I don't have it. All 14,000 miles so far.
That sucks. Sorry to hear it.

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5,000 miles on mine, clunk is there all the time regardless of the temperature.
I have 9,000 miles on mine, hear it all the time when going over bumpy roads or when braking hard, or when stopping after braking hard. I will have it in the shop in 2 weeks for more diagnostics. And... traffic doesn't show up on my Navigation system, should it when I select "show traffic"? It has on several other vehicles with the ability to show traffic, so I know it CAN be available.

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 9,000 miles on mine, hear it all the time when going over bumpy roads or when braking hard, or when stopping after braking hard. I will have it in the shop in 2 weeks for more diagnostics. And... traffic doesn't show up on my Navigation system, should it when I select "show traffic"? It has on several other vehicles with the ability to show traffic, so I know it CAN be available.
no sense in trying to figure out the suspension issue. seems pretty clear it's the shocks. we all have the same issue on this forum, my concern is how ford will handle it. they can't just replace all the shocks on every truck that makes some sort of noise when going over bumps. I didn't know how good I had it with my gen 2. I'm 2 gen 3s deep now and I honestly can't stand driving anymore.

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after reading this forum, along with my "subtle clunking" post I have seen one reported raptor that was fixed. the rears and front were all replaced and I'm guessing he was lucky to get 4 new non defective shocks.

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no sense in trying to figure out the suspension issue. seems pretty clear it's the shocks. we all have the same issue on this forum, my concern is how ford will handle it. they can't just replace all the shocks on every truck that makes some sort of noise when going over bumps. I didn't know how good I had it with my gen 2. I'm 2 gen 3s deep now and I honestly can't stand driving anymore.
We need to get them all to a dealer for diagnosis, rather than just "waiting" for a fix. Just because I "know" what the problem is does not excuse me or anyone else from trying to register with Ford there is a problem. The more that show up, and all have the same problem, the sooner we all get them fixed. I encourage EVERYONE with the issue to work with your respective service departments so Ford can clearly see the global nature of the problem. I am not suggesting being adversarial at all. I also went to Ford and got a case number assigned to the issue in order to prepare for the service review. Hopefully we can get a resolution soon. My 2 cents (well, actually 3 cents with inflation.... let's go Brandon!)

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has been solid 90+ degrees here for weeks now and just passed 3500 miles, noise is still there. Temps did not change anything here.

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately my mom got sick and I missed my appointment. Naturally the dealership is a month out.

nate_13

Reaction score
i have a 21 and i also have the shock clunk, drives me nuts but the suspension is smooth? Hopefully they have a fix soon