Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also spoke to guys at SVC and RPG and of course their test vehicles were just fine, no clunk

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bottom line is Raptor should feel soft over bumps. Not only is mine extremely hard over bumps, I feel a vibration after going over bumps esp at lower speeds. taking it in next week and my plan is to have all 4 shocks replaced. we will see....
mine is the same way. Going in on Tuesday for them to take a look at it. Very disappointed in the ride quality when going over small bumps

Last edited:

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats strange mine is much smoother of a ride than my 18'. hopefully thats an easy fix and something that can be done with a flash of the computer to get the live shocks back to the way they are supposed to be. just my uneducated guess.

but the clunking is annoying hopefully ford techs can figure something out quick.

infernoz07

Reaction score
thats strange mine is much smoother of a ride than my 18'. hopefully thats an easy fix and something that can be done with a flash of the computer to get the live shocks back to the way they are supposed to be. just my uneducated guess.

but the clunking is annoying hopefully ford techs can figure something out quick.
Mileage? Mine was quiet until around 1000miles. At 3K now and it’s annoying.

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well maybe you are right! I recorded a video of my clunk as well. I can get the sound to start even bouncing the front end using the bumper or running board but the actual noise is coming from the rear. So I guess that’s why I hear the clunk even when the front suspension hits a bump. Keep us posted if new shocks, whenever you get them fixes it. Hope they don’t say “this is normal for the new rear suspension.”
I discovered today that the sounds goes away when the truck is running.