Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a faint sound. more of vibration on floor board not necessarily sound. I would have not noticed it until I read it here. hope my very mild clunking doesn't get worse before they get a fix. I only have 150 miles on it. The noise is a heck of a lot less noticeable than the sway bar links they had to replace on my 18'. I hope the fix comes fast

And on a side note I wouldn't say the ride is crap compared to my 2018, better to some because its quieter and a smoother ride. or worse to others because it doesn't have the off-road feel all the time. when I put it in the other suspension settings definitely get a little of that back. I am loving it so far.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine drives and rides great, it’s just the noise bugging me and it’s not unbearable just annoying.

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed mine was making this noise tonight (300 miles). Is there still an inventory issue getting new shocks? I have an appointment for a TSB next week to fix the power inverter fan noise and I’ll mention this to them as well.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed mine was making this noise tonight (300 miles). Is there still an inventory issue getting new shocks? I have an appointment for a TSB next week to fix the power inverter fan noise and I’ll mention this to them as well.
Based on all the feedback in this thread, those who had shocks replaced did not have the issue resolved.
This is a lower control arm mounting bolt issue (5/8” bolt, high torque, one time use) and a “fit” issue in the shock mounts. For reference, the Icon shocks fit in the mounts better and don’t clunk.