Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who have had shocks replaced did any of you get an alignment done afterwards?

MikeJones603

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember coming across a post that referenced the impacted FOX shocks serial numbers for this TSB somewhere, does anyone have the link and or have this information available I could reference?

Dealership claims they replaced all 4 shocks, and saying the noise still is present. Just want to better understand what came off the truck and what went on.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I remember coming across a post that referenced the impacted FOX shocks serial numbers for this TSB somewhere, does anyone have the link and or have this information available I could reference?

Dealership claims they replaced all 4 shocks, and saying the noise still is present. Just want to better understand what came off the truck and what went on.
Was it actual serial numbers or was it just a build date?

MikeJones603

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my truck tonight, all 4 shocks were replaced and the god awful clunking noise is gone. The truck drives better than I could ever ask for. Under no circumstances are there any noises coming from the suspension. I tested on/off road. Extremely happy with the results/truck. It took 5 separate visits to the service department, countless calls/emails but we finally got where we needed to be.

LedFootGN3

Reaction score
Does anyone know if rebuilding the shocks would get rid of the clunk? Have already gone to 4 dealers and got my rears replaced but no one will do the fronts and it’s still clunking coming from the front.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if rebuilding the shocks would get rid of the clunk? Have already gone to 4 dealers and got my rears replaced but no one will do the fronts and it’s still clunking coming from the front.
Four dealers and none will replace the fronts? Sounds to me that your fronts probably aren’t an issue then. just because some have gotten all four replaced does not mean everyone will have the same luck or even need all four replaced. I’d spend the money on a set of chassis ears before you go rebuilding any shocks and confirm what you’re hearing first.