Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine went in Saturday for the front right. Do you mind me asking what city your located in case my dealer ordered the wrong shocks as well? IE they could transfer etc. since you will not need them. Thx
Brunswick, Maine; they now have two new fronts in stock in case anyone is waiting on backordered fronts.

CKSIX

Reaction score
I have both fronts and left rear on order with dealer. All three have no eta. Very disappointed with Fords premium truck not having parts available for a known issue.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I would share, my early 21 build has it but is pretty subtle (at least from what I gather here). Under 30 mph is the best to notice it and only on certain roads. I would guess 2/10 people would even notice it.

I figured I would mention it at my oil change and am fortunate the road in front is perfect to recreate it (with a 25 speed limit). They had zero pushback or questions and ordered rear shocks to start but they think fronts might be needed too. They mentioned the TSB on my invoice. Took 2 hours for everything.

Really surprised, I’m sure the TSB helps.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After waiting almost 5 weeks for the rear shocks to come in, I dropped my truck off at the dealer this morning and got a phone call at around 1pm that they ordered the wrong shocks. Something happened and they ordered the fronts again instead of the rears and now I'm supposed to wait on the rear replacements which are on backorder indefinitely AGAIN.. I'm beyond pissed and so tired of dealing with incompetence. I'm seriously considering getting rid of this truck at this point. If it had come from factory with the suspension fixed I wouldn't ever consider trading but having to fight to get this replaced and the waiting game is really ruining the ownership experience. Ford sucks on many levels right now.
That’s crazy. After reading on here about problems and back orders I wasn’t sure what to expect. I emailed my dealer, they ordered both rears which showed up a few days later. Made appt, Swapped them while I waited.

Still have a slight clunk from a front so emailed back and they ordered both fronts. Mentioned the exhaust rattle TSB and they ordered that as well.

Will keep updated

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, that is a proactive dealer.
Yeah, I’m really satisfied with them. I know the service manager fairly well and just email him when we need to set something up. Same thing when had issues with my 17 Lariat IWE’s and phasers. Replaced it all no problem.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
totally agree! I'm just jealous at your luck with a good dealer.
I hear yeah. Sad thing is I have a dealer literally 5mins from my house but drive 35mins to this dealer and it’s well worth it for sales and service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts