Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read this thread from the beginning.
Salty much?!

Hi, I'm from Chile and I have the same problem with my gen3 2022. The sound comes from the pedals and the floor on the driver's side. I've taken it to Ford twice and they only say that it's normal and that they don't hear anything strange (haha, they know that is not normal and if they listen but it is not convenient for them to assume) has anyone really been able to solve this issue that can help me please?

Ford is working with Fox, something about a mounting plate being too smooth….. we have helpful people that will update the thread once more is known so just click the watch button

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kyle is great, had a great conversation with him on ideal off road tire pressures. Anyway, I thought most of the complaints on this noise issue were coming from 35" trucks? Cause all the Raptor Assault trucks are 37PP trucks. Sounds like a bigger issue effecting both 35 & 37's?
I’m making a huge guess, I’m assuming and I have no idea, that the piece they think is (too smooth) Is different from 35-37 only because they are not the same shocks. But idk it may be the same.

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do know one thing. My 35 feels horrible compared to a RA truck on 37’s that lives it’s entire life raptoring. Made me want a 37 after I saw the blue seats and didn’t mind them in person.

Touringchef

Reaction score
Salty much?!

Hi, I'm from Chile and I have the same problem with my gen3 2022. The sound comes from the pedals and the floor on the driver's side. I've taken it to Ford twice and they only say that it's normal and that they don't hear anything strange (haha, they know that is not normal and if they listen but it is not convenient for them to assume) has anyone really been able to solve this issue that can help me please?

Ford is working with Fox, something about a mounting plate being too smooth….. we have helpful people that will update the thread once more is known so just click the watch button
Sorry guy, not Salty, but I and many others have been posting and commenting on this thread since almost the beginning. There is a lot of information here already without having to re hash and repeat what is already on the thread. Everyone here that is expeiencing this problem is as frustrated as the next person. This is my 4th Raptor (which is posted on this thread) and the only one that has had this problem. ( Also posted on this thread) When i was looking to see if anyone was having the same issue i researched it on this forum, found this thread, and read everything before I added my comments. The situation we are all in is frustrating to say the least, I was merely saying, do some more reading and get the information that is available thus far, instead of writing what is already been written here on the thread.

Touringchef

Reaction score
Hmmm, that is good If that solves everyones problem, and if one wants to lift there truck. How is the ride after the install? The same? Stiff? Does it affect Sport mode? Torsion button?

Thanks

nate_13

Reaction score
just got back from my ranch where the roads are about as rough as they come and had zero issues suspension feels a tad stiffer but absolutely smooth as can be with no negative affects. Sport mode unaffected as well.

Touringchef

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I wonder what it changed to make it go away. I dont really want to lift mine but if it truly solves the problem, I may give it some thought. Would you be able to post some pictures?

Thanks,

S.

nate_13

Reaction score
I honestly have no clue, maybe mkre tension after the spacers?? It was def coming from rear before. Ill post a pic here in a minute