Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nbb1013

Reaction score
What I am saying is it is much less noticiable i warmer weather. When its cold is when it is borderline unbearable, and I want to drive straight into a cement wall. Today in the 70s here and was barely noticeble sound and feel.
I agree, the issue is less noticeable when its warmer out.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@jpl291 @FordTechOne I sent an email to my service tech I am trying to set an appointment with, asked if he could submit it before I brought it in. He said no, they had to "to have a technician verify the noise before we can contact Hotline". Since it seems it will be days before they can work me in, I had hoped to get a start on it, but apparently not.

He is correct, the technician needs to verify the concern and run OASIS before submitting a hotline request.

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I am saying is it is much less noticiable i warmer weather. When its cold is when it is borderline unbearable, and I want to drive straight into a cement wall. Today in the 70s here and was barely noticeble sound and feel.
LOL! I have had 2 gen 3 raptors and that's exactly how I feel!!

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I bet it’s fluid related. Cold fluid does funny stuff. And might make sense why some people don’t have this issue (warmer climate) and some people do notice it more.

Now that it’s 65/70 I can’t hardly tell it’s there.

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I bet it’s fluid related. Cold fluid does funny stuff. And might make sense why some people don’t have this issue (warmer climate) and some people do notice it more.

Now that it’s 65/70 I can’t hardly tell it’s there.
I has been in the 80's and 90's, and it is VERY noticeable... I fear that is just wishful thinking

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been 90+ a few days this week and my clunk has not gone away or become less noticeable 8n the heat.

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ICYMI - there is no fix and ford just lemons the trucks if the owner wishes. This started a few years back on the gen2 and now on gen3. It’s completely random and my suggestion is you do not pay for a car until you verify if you have the clunk or not
Seems rather extreme for one noisy part. If it can be fixed, and they seem to be moving that direction, I would be willing to wait a "month'ish" for the fix (as described earlier).

Manners226

Reaction score
I've had the clunk/loose shock feeling since day 1. I've had my front and rear suspension off to do the levels and the sensation is unchanged. Kinds of annoying. If my car did this, I'd be looking to replace some sway bar end links, strut mounts or shocks. Something isn't quite right on this truck.

GreatAvalon

Reaction score
Staying tuned for when Ford starts issuing corrections/fixes. I have a slight rear clunk that had this been a 100k sedan I would have thought was rear sway bar bushings or end links. Interesting to hear it's isolated to the rear shock internals. Makes sense.