Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gotdesl

Reaction score
Should be getting mine back in a couple of days. Even providing the SSM, I got told it was normal and sounded just like another '21. Between that, and the truck never receiving an over the air update and discounting the updates waiting on FDRS, I'll be finding another dealer and/or roping Ford corporate into the discussion. I'm pretty disappointed with being dismissed.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be getting mine back in a couple of days. Even providing the SSM, I got told it was normal and sounded just like another '21. Between that, and the truck never receiving an over the air update and discounting the updates waiting on FDRS, I'll be finding another dealer and/or roping Ford corporate into the discussion. I'm pretty disappointed with being dismissed.
It’ss common theme with ford dealerships unfortunately. Just keep pushing. Call corporate and inquire. Go full blown.

Jepper84

Reaction score
So here's my story 22 47k miles Raptor w/ 37's package, dropped off at dealer for shocks replacement with SSM 50972 given to them. They found that it does have the issue, but wont replace because Ford PremiumCare doesn't cover it, and while I have 3 year / 36 k miles warranty I'm at 47k miles. Seems insane to me an extended warranty premium version doesn't cover this known issue..

Would love some input.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So here's my story 22 47k miles Raptor w/ 37's package, dropped off at dealer for shocks replacement with SSM 50972 given to them. They found that it does have the issue, but wont replace because Ford PremiumCare doesn't cover it, and while I have 3 year / 36 k miles warranty I'm at 47k miles. Seems insane to me an extended warranty premium version doesn't cover this known issue..

Would love some input.
If it has the issue it would have been there from day 1; I’m assuming you bought it used? They are correct that most Ford extended warranties don’t cover shocks, they’re considered a wear and tear part.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Would love some input.
Climb the chain and tell them you will go to ford corporate unless they want to themselves. Its a known issue and while its past the 3/36k its a known defective part per the SSM and I would argue that it needs to be replaced so that you are driving the truck you paid for. Being out of warranty hurts the situation but I don't think its a dead end. Ask the dealer how they want to handle it. Either you go above their heads or you let them contact ford corporate on your behalf.