Clunk/thump from small bumps at slow speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChinookDriverJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a similar noise on my 2017 36,000 miles. Just recently replaced oem springs with Eibachs and deavers and now the noise is gone. I suspect something we took off, and subsequently out back on, got loose and we torqued it back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChinookDriverJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading more of this thread I guess I need to go get mine replaced under extended warranty since it’s likely to return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meferrell84

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck finding aftermarket end links for the Gen 2? They are bad on my 2017. I was really excited when Orielly's said they had some Moogs that have grease points on them, but when I got there they were for the standard F150- it was a straight piece and didn't have the 90 degree angle that the Raptors have. My dealer says they have them for $100 a piece, but was hoping for aftermarket.

Same question for ball joints while I'm at it...

pv2lafferty

Reaction score
I've had a similar noise on my 2018 (68,000 miles), but not sure if it is the same issue as mine sounds a little more like grinding than the "clunk/thump" you describe. My noise is always while accelerating and usually somewhere between 2nd and 4th gear. Noise appears to be drivers side front end. Had it into the dealer, but of course the random noise does not occur when they test drive it. Heavier loads seem to make the noise more frequent.
Did you find out what it was? I’m having the exact same sound/issue

pv2lafferty

Reaction score
I've had a similar noise on my 2018 (68,000 miles), but not sure if it is the same issue as mine sounds a little more like grinding than the "clunk/thump" you describe. My noise is always while accelerating and usually somewhere between 2nd and 4th gear. Noise appears to be drivers side front end. Had it into the dealer, but of course the random noise does not occur when they test drive it. Heavier loads seem to make the noise more frequent.
Did you ever figure out what it was? I’m having the same issue on mine. 2018 with 121k miles

Reaction score
Great news and resolution to rattle. Just had my 2018 Raptor diagnosed for annoying front end rattle at 21,000 miles. Family Ford in Netcong, NJ placed mics (chassis ears) under the truck and road tested. They determined that the sway bar links needed to be replaced. Truck is now rock solid. Family Ford 5 star

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If so take a flatter speed bump at say 30mph I can get a light thunk or something that sounds like a cluck. I have wiggled my front end links by hand and they seem to be rock solid. Doesn’t happen over every bump. But I can go back to 5-10k miles and I heard this. Trucks at 22k now.

Haven’t had the dealer under there yet.

over