Clunk From Chassis: Can you help me diagnose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rustler

Rustler

Reaction score
I got under the truck today, and tugged on the end links. Each one made a slight but definite metallic noise when I pulled. There was a very slight bit of play I could feel but not see. Otherwise solid.

I'm thinking that they should be solid and noiseless when tugged on? If so, I suspect this is likely the source of my noise. Truck goes in next Monday. I'm hoping that the dealer doesn't jerk me around on this one.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got under the truck today, and tugged on the end links. Each one made a slight but definite metallic noise when I pulled. There was a very slight bit of play I could feel but not see. Otherwise solid.

I'm thinking that they should be solid and noiseless when tugged on? If so, I suspect this is likely the source of my noise. Truck goes in next Monday. I'm hoping that the dealer doesn't jerk me around on this one.
Keep us posted for sure.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize this is an old thread, but I want to put in a plug for the thread and forum generally. I had the front suspension noise/rattle and finding this thread put me on the right track. I changed the stabilizer (sway bar) links and problem solved. The top joint in the link was fine, but the bottom end of both links (90 degree joint) was shot on both links.