Clicking noises when truck is off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDRAPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I’ve owned this truck for 2 weeks now & I’ve noticed after he truck is off for a couple minutes & if I’m inside or outside it I can hear clicking noise. Can someone explain this to me?? Other day I was just chilling in my truck typing an e-mail after 3 min of truck being off and heard a couple loud clicks. Hen today installing my wheel locks heard same thing from outside the truck on driver side.???

Dav1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Sierra does this also. I remember reading that it is the electric brakes resetting or something. Don’t know if the Ford is set up the same way or not.

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like door locks, but I wondered as well. I shut off the courtesy lighting due to being in my garage a lot. Like the idea, but lights keep turning on. Guess I can just use remote to light it up at night.

mgh

Reaction score
If it is a new clicking sound and continues well after the truck has turned off, it could be the PCM may need reprograming. My 2020 did that and killed my battery, the PCM was opening and closing the turbo waste gate every few seconds. Reprogramming the PCM fixed it and Ford installed a new battery.