Clicking noises when truck is off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah my 2018 has done it from day one and it seems my wife’s 2022 Explorer ST does it even more than my Raptor like @FordTechOne said it’s just the vehicle going through tests! But I believe Bunman’s detailed check list of how to prevent this government intrusion should be followed to the letter! Good luck comrade!

Ta2punk

Reaction score
I know exactly what you are talking about and it seems half the people in this thread don't quite understand what you are describing. This isn't metal cooling off after being heated like a downpipe or cats or even electrical clicking the truck does when you are near it with the key fob.

My truck does the same thing. First time I heard it, I had turned my truck off and was just sitting in it in a parking lot for 5-10min. It sounds like mechanical clunking almost. Like things are disengaging/moving into a position they are in when the truck is parked and off. These noises sound like they are happening near the drivers area of the vehicle, around the pedals almost.

Personally I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. It sounds intentional and my truck has been running fine since April and I'm almost at 8k miles.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These clicks are interesting. My wife's 2017 explorer sport doesn't do this clicking, neither does my 2018 GT350. Now, the loaner 2020 Explorer I had while my raptor was in the shop also did all this clicking. Honestly doesn't bother me. If it kills the battery, maybe I'll care, but as long as nothing is happening that would degrade the vehicle, I'm not worried.