Clicking noise while turning left? Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need some help identifying a clicking noise coming from my truck. The sound is a soft, rhythmic clicking or ticking that only happens when I am turning left, and is coming from the passenger side of the truck. It's very faint, I can only hear it when I have the windows down and am driving by something for the sound to bounce off of, such as through a neighborhood or in a parking garage. It happens whether I am in 2H, 4A, 4H, or 4L. Also, it happens as soon as I start turning my wheel, even a couple of degrees from 0. I've checked my tires and don't see any screws or nails, and checked the torque on the lug nuts to make sure none of them are loose. Suspension is 100% stock, truck has 33,8xx miles.

Any ideas? I can take the truck to the dealer if need be, but I hate that whole experience and want to avoid it if at all possible.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd double check for stones/nails/screws in the tires. I suppose it could be a wheel bearing but haven't seen many of those go bad on these trucks.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I had this happen on another vehicle after a CV boot repair; the boot came as part of a kit and post install I got this dreaded cv joint click.

check cv boots for leaks?
else... stealership visit.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this happen on another vehicle after a CV boot repair; the boot came as part of a kit and post install I got this dreaded cv joint click.

check cv boots for leaks?
else... stealership visit.
+1 CV joint...look/feel for grease and listen for clicking. That's pretty quick for a failure so would have to be a leaking boot if that is the cause.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, but do you have mud-flaps? In winter if certain kinds of material get cold and are slightly bent toward tire, can get a rub.