Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Clicking noise while turning left? Help!

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by titanjc, Mar 30, 2020.

1. titanjc

titanjc Full Access Member

Well I think I may have to bite the bullet and take her to the dealership. I've triple-checked the tires, no rocks or nails. Crawled under the truck with the wheels turned at various degrees and no visible rubbing. CV boots are in perfect shape, no visible damage and no grease. I am running RokBlokz mud flaps front and rear, but plenty of clearance with the stock tires.

I just know it's going to end up being something simple and stupid that I missed... but I'll be sure to update this so you can all laugh at me when I find out!

2. Kyle F

Kyle F Member

Right front cv joint.

3. Kyle F

Kyle F Member

Buddy, we won’t laugh at you...we all have to learn these things through experience. That’s life.

4. titanjc

titanjc Full Access Member

I just got my truck back from the dealership and wanted to update for posterity's sake; I hate when I'm searching for the solution to a problem and find a thread that is never updated with the answer.

In my case, apparently the clicking sound was the IWE assembly going bad. The dealership replaced both front hubs (HL3Z-1104-B) and 4WD actuators (HL1Z-3C247-A) as well as the check valve (FL3Z-3A788-B), and everything now drives perfectly. Everything was covered under warranty, and with COVID-19 I took advantage of the dealership's offer to pick up and drop off my truck at my houses, so it was painless. Gotta love a happy ending!

Winchester30 likes this.
  5. Donmatteo

Donmatteo Full Access Member

You usually have to pay extra for that.

6. BaseRaptor

BaseRaptor Full Access Member

Great news. Im sure your post will help out others when trying to diagnose a similar noise from the front end.