Clicking in the shifter when I press the brake pedal in park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrantW

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Quick question for you all. 2020 here with only 900 miles. Suddenly today there is a very loud clicking when I press/depress the brake pedal only while in park. You hear it pretty loudly, and feel it coming from the shifter if you have your hand on it. Nothing else seems to be malfunctioning, but this clearly just started happening out of nowhere today. Internet says it has something to do with the "shift inter-lock solenoid", possibly getting ready fail on me?! Would you be worried? Anyone else experiencing this?

Update: Hmmmm... I just tested this on my wife's 2020 Blazer, and it makes the same exact noise in park, just as loud too. I guess I just never noticed this, and it's normal? It's hard to believe it's one of those little things that's always been there, but I guess I just always had my music on or the AC and never noticed it!

Thanks for your time!

Last edited: