Clear Undercoat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were all easy, its a spray on, but The Amsoil and Fluid Flim had more pressure in the cans then the Boeshield, more of a heavier spray, bigger pattern. So if you were doing a large area those two would be easier to get on. The Boeshield has a more narrow/tighter and lighter pattern coming out of the can.

They are all easy to find a google search will turn up many places to buy.

I bought mine from
Amsoil direct https://www.amsoil.com/catalog.aspx?GroupID=200 $8.20 each.
The problem is its 7.95 to ship. But what I did was keep adding cans to the basket until the shipping went up. At the 4th can the shipping went up . So I bought three and paid 7.95 to ship. Its like I got 2 cans for free.

Fliud Flim Fluid Film 11.75 oz. Aerosol 9.99 each 6.99 to ship. I bought 3 cans here also, paid 7.99 to ship.

Boeshield..... I had this already and have used it so I did not have to buy it. But the Rust Store has it and the Fluid Flim. So you could put it on one order and save on the shipping. It is 14.99 each, the most expensive of the three. Boeshield T-9, 12 oz. Aerosol

Now if you shop the heck out of the web I am sure you can find them cheaper, but remember its the shipping thats a killer.

I think they are all good products and will use them at the shop, thats why I got the extra cans, they were free to ship LOL. One may work better at one thing and another does well at something else.

I seen a crapload of stuff on the web about Amsoil and Flluid Flim, but nothing putting them head to head, Just a bunch of forumn folks saying how much they liked the FF and AO

But for undercoating on the new raptor, I want to know which is best and why. Hope that helps.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I applied the Amsoil MPHD 6 months ago and so far it has held up well. Where the product was applied over rusted metal, it darkened those areas effectively sealing the rust and preventing further rusting. The same is true for the aluminum parts, in this case the aluminum has a slight yellow tint and no further corrosion has occurred. I still plan on doing some touch up before winter. I would highly recommend using this product as I do not see any negatives, other than the yellow tint when applied to aluminum. I wonder if Fluidfilm has this same yellowing?

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Amsoil has that yellow thing going on. I think you noticed it when spraying the lighter colored parts like aluminum more so. Look at this top shot picture of the test. The Amsoil has that yellow tint. From what I have read the Amsoil encapsulates then has a dry coating. Fluid Film has no solvent content in it and will not dry, it stays wet. I am sure both will do a great job, which one is better I do not know.

Fluid Flim has been around from the 1940's. Amsoil From The 1960's
Top Shot Anti Rust.jpg

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks man, i think i speak for all of us here when i say, we appreciate you doing this testing. you are very thorough and we cant wait to see the results

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words!!!!!!! I appreciate it.

Hey, the post a few above about the rust forming inside the welds is now confirmed by me. I looked at my John Deere Gator 4x4 and right in the welds is rust.
Check out the pictures.

This is in my garage 24/7 except to do work ouside, so its really not exposed to the enviroment like a truck would be. Its only 2 years old and has 72 hours on it, so its not old or not taken care of. If I had something on there, I am sure there would be no rust.

So today I will lighty sand , degrease and paint with rustoleum. Then wait to see what I will use to protect Amsoil, Fluid Fill Or the Boeshield.

Gator Rust 1.jpgGator Rust 2.jpgGator Rust 3.jpg

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use the Amsoil stuff because it reminds me of Cosmoline; if not disturbed it will last forever; if disturbed, Summer heat will allow it to repair itself.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use the Amsoil stuff because it reminds me of Cosmoline; if not disturbed it will last forever; if disturbed, Summer heat will allow it to repair itself.

This is also why I went with the Amsoil. I think with a fluid, Fluidfilm, silicone, oil, etc. you would need to reaply frequently.