Clear coat peeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well he would have had to have bought it from someone right? Dealer, Private Party, Auction, Aliens.

Exactly! So a dealer is implied in your statement.

Anyhow, let's await more details from OP so we can get to the bottom what might've caused this condition.

OP
OP
B

Brandin10

Reaction score
Yes I bought it with 1300 km on it. From a dealer. Its dirty and dark now. But I'm going to look closer tomorrow. Picture does look like the clear is on top of the decal. Any ideas on s repair??

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd be pissed the dealer didn't disclose that - and I'd make them fix it. And when I say make them fix it I mean you find a body shop you want to use and have them pay for it.

OP
OP
B

Brandin10

Reaction score
Mine is a 2017 looks like all the graphics were glossy?? Maybe it is a factory defect? Or maybe a ****** repair??

raptor-side-decal.jpg

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s a ****** repair. Two types of clear were applied using different heat flash times and temp without proper prep work. The excess orange peel is a giveaway on that.

The dealer, or original owner, or aliens damaged the truck and had it repaired at some point. Unless it was “as-is” you might be on your own to get it fixed.