Clear bra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the 3m clear bra and any thoughts ? I'm having one installed on Monday Arizona has rocks galore so getting it done now will have the rest of truck done next month if I like it.
Thanks !

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my entire front hood, fenders, side pillars, front bumper\grill, door handles\pockets, and roof done. Thinking about doing the rest of the truck now. The protection is really nice. Actually enhances the lead foot color.

Sam

OP
OP
L

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any discoloration or yellowing ? Mine stays in garage or I have covered parking at work so doesn't sit out in the sun so that might make a difference I would think .

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you do matte film on your bumper, grill and skid and the rest in gloss. Get xpel stealth or suntek matte and use xpel dap template for the best for pattern unless you know a ninja installer you trust bulking the install and cutting on your paint. Also your gonna end up with seams on your bumper and grill due to the complex curves so make sure your installer is experienced or there will gaps in the seam that fill with dirt and wax later on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you do matte film on your bumper, grill and skid and the rest in gloss. Get xpel stealth or suntek matte and use xpel dap template for the best for pattern unless you know a ninja installer you trust bulking the install and cutting on your paint.
Not doing bumpers just the paint no cutting just patterns pre cut

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went with stealth (matte) film on the front bumper, grille, fender flares, hood graphics, and rear kick panels to keep the finish looking oem. I didn't bother with the rear bumper. Went with the clear on headlights, headlight surrounds, hood, front fenders, door cups, door edges, and the gloss black pillar pieces. 5 coats of ceramic pro on the paint, with 1 coat on windows, wheels, and brake calipers.

Really recommend wrapping the front bumper since you're worried about rock chips. The bumper will actually get more chips than any part of your vehicle. Unless you don't ever drive behind any other vehicles lol.

OP
OP
L

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went with stealth (matte) film on the front bumper, grille, fender flares, hood graphics, and rear kick panels to keep the finish looking oem. I didn't bother with the rear bumper. Went with the clear on headlights, headlight surrounds, hood, front fenders, door cups, door edges, and the gloss black pillar pieces. 5 coats of ceramic pro on the paint, with 1 coat on windows, wheels, and brake calipers.

Really recommend wrapping the front bumper since you're worried about rock chips. The bumper will actually get more chips than any part of your vehicle. Unless you don't ever drive behind any other vehicles lol.
If I keep the front bumper I'll probably have it powder coated but not sure yet but might replace ?

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So how did you wrap your hood graphic? I'm about to 3/4 wrap my hood with suntek up to the hood vent and I have the hood graphic. I tried a test piece around the hood graphic and its leaves a small line around the edge. I'm probably just going to wrap over the graphic with suntek gloss.

BajaLaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how did you wrap your hood graphic? I'm about to 3/4 wrap my hood with suntek up to the hood vent and I have the hood graphic. I tried a test piece around the hood graphic and its leaves a small line around the edge. I'm probably just going to wrap over the graphic with suntek gloss.

Remove and install new graphics over ppf