Cleaning Skid Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gen2genY

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for products to use to clean the factory skid plate? The drive through underbody wash doesn't exactly remove the caked on dirt so assuming I'll either have to apply some elbow grease and chemical cleaner or just buy a takeoff skid plate on eBay.

3Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for products to use to clean the factory skid plate? The drive through underbody wash doesn't exactly remove the caked on dirt so assuming I'll either have to apply some elbow grease and chemical cleaner or just buy a takeoff skid plate on eBay.

It's a skid plate, underneath a Raptor. You may be overthinking it.

OP
OP
gen2genY

gen2genY

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. It’s only because it’s new to me and I was expecting it to look better than it does.

B Scott

Reaction score
I bought an under carriage attachment for my pressure washer that has three spray nozzles on wheels. Low enough to fit under a normal car as well as a truck. Disclaimer, I haven’t ever used it but it looks awesome!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It's a skid plate, underneath a Raptor. You may be overthinking it.
200.gif

Fair enough. It’s only because it’s new to me and I was expecting it to look better than it does.

A spotless cleaned and well manicured skid plate is a sign of a Raptor that spends too much time at starbucks and not enough time in the dirt.

Other Raptors will snicker at and make fun of your Raptor with a well appointed skid plate.