Cleaning products for gen 3 seats and plastics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrandonUGA

Reaction score
Good morning all,

I have trying to clean the seats in the gen 3, I normally used turtle wax products on my f150 lariat leather and it seemed to work well but there seats are coming out spotty with the same products and microfiber towels. Any recommendations of some solid cleaning products to make the leather really shine?

Thanks

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Adams is a supporting vendor here, with their own FRF sub-forum. They do lots of sales and Forum exclusives. A lot of users on here have been happy with their stuff (me included).

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Adam's makes a great product. I used them a lot in the past.

I recently switched over to Griot's because they are a local company for me. Same high level of products. I really like their orbitals.

You can not go wrong with either product. But I would throw away any turtle wax products you still have left. They were great back in the 80s.

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the same type of spotting with all of the interior cleaners and detailers I've tried on this truck. Haven't found a solution other than spray on rag and try to apply as evenly as I can. You sneeze on the center console and you'll know where every germ lands.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adam's makes a great product. I used them a lot in the past.

I recently switched over to Griot's because they are a local company for me. Same high level of products. I really like their orbitals.

You can not go wrong with either product. But I would throw away any turtle wax products you still have left. They were great back in the 80s.
Many tests have been done on the old school Turtle Wax. The Turtle actually out performed the new names.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner is great. You can use it on any interior surface and while not intended for glass, it doesn't make a total greasy mess if you get a bit on your glass like a lot of the 'shiny' products. Stay away from trying to make your interior 'shine'. No pro detailer strives for that look and new cars don't even look that way from the factory, it is just an odd look, kind of like when a chick fakes a tan and looks orange.

Last edited:

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turtle Wax!!?? Oh no!!! That's like using Walmart motor oil in your race car... lmao

Stick with quality products!!
Jay Leno products
Griot
Chemical Guys
Meguiar's

Last edited: