Cleaning after visiting beach

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I just recently got back from a Galveston beach house for a week. I never got a chance to take it to the beach or got any salt water on it, but were in walking distance. I know salt is in the air and it did rain a day or two out there along with that nice Texas humidity. As soon as I got home I went ahead and rinsed with water only the under of the truck really well and did a full foam gun/two bucket wash on it on the top. Will that be enough to make sure no rust begins?

Thank you

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello all, I just recently got back from a Galveston beach house for a week. I never got a chance to take it to the beach or got any salt water on it, but were in walking distance. I know salt is in the air and it did rain a day or two out there along with that nice Texas humidity. As soon as I got home I went ahead and rinsed with water only the under of the truck really well and did a full foam gun/two bucket wash on it on the top. Will that be enough to make sure no rust begins?

Thank you

I think you'll be fine. I've driven on the beach a few times over the past couple years and never had any issues.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same as @melvimbe , have driven on the beaches at Coos Bay with my Raptor, but I always have it sprayed with Fluid Film under there. 0 issues with any factory parts under the truck.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same as @melvimbe , have driven on the beaches at Coos Bay with my Raptor, but I always have it sprayed with Fluid Film under there. 0 issues with any factory parts under the truck.

Yea, I was going suggest Fluid Film as well ( I did mine), but that's a preventative measure, not a cleanup after the fact. Since @Topher is going back to Dallas, beach sand/salt shouldn't be an issue. Although you guys do get snow up there. Might want to consider protecting your undercarriage before the roads get salted/sanded.

But really, the first mod any Dallas resident should do is a console safe.

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just stay out of the water and power wash you rig after you get home.