Class IV Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any luck with using a class IV hitch on the Gen 2? I know it's not needed for towing capacities but I'm looking at using the hitch receiver for "rescue applications" that requires a class IV hitch. Brands? Does receiver hang lower than stock?

sobiloff

Reaction score
I can't find anywhere in Ford's literature where they actually say what class the receiver is. It's a 2" opening, which is typical for Class III and IV. Per Reese, Class III are 6,000 pounds GTW in load-carrying configuration, and 10,000 pounds GTW in load-distributing configuration, which roughly lines-up with what's on my SCREW's sticker:

31495076418_4dff11b034_z.jpgIMG_0034 by Blake Sobiloff, on Flickr

OP
OP
sherwood

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't find anywhere in Ford's literature where they actually say what class the receiver is. It's a 2" opening, which is typical for Class III and IV. Per Reese, Class III are 6,000 pounds GTW in load-carrying configuration, and 10,000 pounds GTW in load-distributing configuration, which roughly lines-up with what's on my SCREW's sticker:

31495076418_4dff11b034_z.jpgIMG_0034 by Blake Sobiloff, on Flickr

Thanks!! But class III is different than class IV. Class IV for weight carrying is 10,000 weight and 1000 tongue weight and weight distributing being 14,000 and 1400. Whats on our Raptors are class III and I'm trying to look up class IV.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They're actually class III but doesn't really say that anywhere other than weight ratings on the hitch.

After a little research I agree....Thanks!

OP
OP
sherwood

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score