Claims of Raptor Being Too Wide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

William Henglein

Reaction score
I think the raptor is definitely noticeably wider. Which is why I think the 802a package is a must. The 360 camera makes parking perfectly centered on the parking spaces. Easy. I park in tight areas and have yet to get a door ding because I leave space for the cars next to me. Without the camera system it would be tough. Just remember the 360 doesn’t see objects that are tall. I almost took out my backend on a semi trailer parked vertically behind me. Looked like nothing was behind me on my cameras.

For me the width has been a major issue when it comes to car washes. Almost all the automated car washes tell me not to use them here in OKC. I have yet to figure out if they are just blowing smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
i drive my truck, on 40s, around downtown new orleans every once in a while. My truck is also 98" outside of tire to outside of tire.

it doesnt bother me at all.

Think about it this way, a raptor is no wider from outside of mirror to outside of mirror than a regular old f-150. The dimensions of the cab are identical.

If you generally wouldnt need to tuck the mirrors to drive an f-150 someplace, the raptor will fit just fine, with room to spare.

with as wide as my truck is (dually width front and rear), even skinny roads are usually no issue. I have been on a few roads in mexico where it was a little hairy when passing a semi truck that was going in the opposite direction, but certainly not something that would have me revert back to stock width.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
I second Zombie...try that up in Northern Maine in the winter as a full double wheeler is barreling down a rural road fully loaded with logs.

However, parking in town is always a challenge, especially in a big City.

singh3204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am also from houston (SE) and i love driving my raptor. her name is layla. she's a big girl but goes anywhere she wants.

RaptorUtah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How exaggerated are the claims that the raptor is too wide and won't work as a daily driver? I'm very interested in one, but I'm afraid that it will be a pain to live with on a daily basis as parking would be a challenge, and it won't fit in parking garages, or that it won't go through some narrow toll booths.

Reading threads here, it is agreed that the raptor is probably one of the widest passenger vehicles available right now, but is it so wide that you guys would have to think twice before heading out?

Thanks!
No better daily driver!