Chipwerke for 2017 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the ability to data log? I'd really like to see AFRs, boost, timing, etc while driving to see what may be causing this.

In the mean time, I'm going to try and get my hands on a new Raptor.
It amazes me who all have 'signed up' to be beta testers on this product that has not been run on a Raptor from the company before sale. I just don't understand how a business can put this out for general sale without specific application testing, then call on users to send them logs.

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the impression was that it was close enough to the standard 3.5 EB TT.

I'm a beta tester in many facets of my life. My phone is a beta, my work software that i pay hundreds of thousands for a year is essentially a beta, lol. I mean lets be real, any modification to a vehicle is essentially a beta. They all have problems to some extent because they don't have millions to test with. Just the way it is.

Last edited:

Pedal Commander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It amazes me who all have 'signed up' to be beta testers on this product that has not been run on a Raptor from the company before sale. I just don't understand how a business can put this out for general sale without specific application testing, then call on users to send them logs.

If my understanding is correct, the engine is nearly identical to the 3.5L ecoboost in the standard F150. I believe the heads are a little different, though.

The product was tested to be safe for use (meaning no harm can be done to the engine after install) and that it successfully delivered an increase in horsepower and torque. I would be wary if any manufacturer sold a product with the claim that it never needed to be fine-tuned, modified or updated and came absolutely perfect for all users. Its just not realistic.

Fuel and elevation are important factors that are impossible to test in a single location. However, with feedback from our customers around the world, we are able to fine tune the product to their liking.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My apologies, but saying you 'believe' and 'nearly' doesn't cut the mustard in my opinion. You essentially liked a comment that encourages beta testing the product for you. Also saying you tested the product is aternative facts since it wasn't tested on a Raptor. This was pointed out weeks ago and the 87hp gain was still advertised even though it was for the normal 3.5 TT.

Sure, products can be improved due to advances and feedback, but not many manufactures release a product into general sales without testing the specific application first.

Last edited:

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I unplugged PC and the hesitation is still there. I have an Ngauge and can data log. I would like to get this dialed in out of straight curiosity. I’m going a different route anyways but if I can get this dialed in then my buddy will take it. Otherwise I’ll chalk it up as an experiment. Send it back...

Does anyone have the ability to data log? I'd really like to see AFRs, boost, timing, etc while driving to see what may be causing this.

In the mean time, I'm going to try and get my hands on a new Raptor.

Pedal Commander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I unplugged PC and the hesitation is still there. I have an Ngauge and can data log.

Perfect. Does the Nguage allow you to export data files? I'd love to look at a WOT log, and some cruising logs. Specifically one in each of the Raptor modes.

Without Pedal Commander active.

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You make a great point haha. Honestly I just couldn’t stand going from my tuned 17 to stock 18. This is something to get me till I get custom tune. I’m not experiencing much of the problems others are. My main complaint is the occasional hesitation. Am I taking it off before I get custom tune. Def not. I hate the factory tune and throttle response that much

Pedal Commander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You essentially liked a comment that encourages beta testing the product for you.

You do a horrible job at trying to assume what I mean when I haven't even said anything, lol.

You are not Beta testers. As reviews and dyno sheets show, the product does exactly what we claim it does.

We just don't have the convenience of being remotely connected to your trucks for data to be automatically sent back to us so we can constantly flash updates over like your smartphones do.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have forscan, but i don't think that does any logging. I have the dongle.

I do as well, but not running a chip werke as yet
doesn’t the obd bluetooth port allow logging though?