Check those cabin filters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My shortest time frame was 1 DAY of use before needing to be replaced. If it dusty buy a case and change it.

Mine get dirtier than the air filter.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just turned 21,000m I think it pulls outside air when remote starting . Which I do a lot . I normally run recirc when driving . That's why I didn't think it would be as dirty . Every spring from now on.
The filter, filters ALL air going through the blower motor, outside or recirculation air it doesn't matter.

OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Driving home from Phoenix again today . 108 ambient in areas . 41 out the vents . Now if I could just my gen 1 that cold.

Attachments

• 20220630_154647.jpg
    20220630_154647.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 2

Morgan

Reaction score
Bumping this one- I replaced mine last year with a Bosch unit from Amazon.

Fast fwd: The kids have been griping about pathetic airflow in the rear cabin so I had the dealer check it out. The tech tells me that the FoMoCo filter flows better and that the Bosch is likely inhibiting flow. I agreed to him replacing the Bosch filter.

Don't have the truck back yet to confirm better flow (I'm sure that I've overpaid for the service), but maybe a consideration to use FoMoCo filters in the future.