Check List for picking up new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealership is going to get delivery of my truck in the next week. (fingers crossed) I have been going over threads and reading what to look for when taking delivery. First time taking ownership of a new vehicle.

Thing ive seen mentioned in other threads.

1. check paint for defects/scratches
2. check door alignments
3. check for excessive rust on underside
4. look for dents or other damage from transit
5. check oil level
6. adjust tire pressure to around 36-38psi
7. look over interior for defects
8. test drive it

-----edit with suggestions from posts
9. setup FORDPASS app.
10. make sure you have trailer assist stickers
11. inclusion of bed cleats
12. have dealer run OASIS report for possible body work history
13. ask if there was dealer lot damage that was not disclosed
14. avoid doing inspection during night or bad weather. wait for clear day
15. check all the fluid levels
16. inspect wires and harnesses that may be loose or fallen off.

is there anything else to look for? and if i discover issues the dealer is expected to correct everything?

Ive seen alot of people talk about IWE with the new builds is that still something to worry about? or is the corrected with more recent factory builds

anything else added in the thread ill add to the list. and hopefully this will be helpful to others.

Last edited:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds about right. Personal preference here, but I think 38PSI is on the high side if you want a comfy ride. I found my sweet spot at 35-36 all the way around. That keeps the rear end pretty stable even on uneven roads. I also have a couple hundred lbs back there between the tonneau over, bed extender, tools, hitch, and recovery gear. which also helps keep it from bouncing around.

OP
OP
Joph

Joph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9. Post a picture so we know you didn't buy a Prius.
you know i will. its just a waiting game now. I ordered a PB SCREW 802a. After seeing all the PB with the beadlock wheels i kinda regret not getting those but i need to save money somewhere.

OP
OP
Joph

Joph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds about right. Personal preference here, but I think 38PSI is on the high side if you want a comfy ride. I found my sweet spot at 35-36 all the way around. That keeps the rear end pretty stable even on uneven roads. I also have a couple hundred lbs back there between the tonneau over, bed extender, tools, hitch, and recovery gear. which also helps keep it from bouncing around.

ive just seen the numbers in that range. personally figure id start at 36 and see.

from your personal experience what you notice most going from 38 to 35 --- just reduces the bouncing to a min?

Onboost

Reaction score
Be sure to have them run a OASIS report to see if its had body work I got screwed on my 19 it had left front fender removed and painted before I bought the truck I would have never bought it had I known. Also ask them if its had dealer lot damage that was not disclosed if you don't ask they wont tell but they must be honest when they answer.

Wishmaker

Reaction score
Since I'm particular I also made sure the following:

- Carefully remove and save Window Sticker
- Put vehicle on Lift for inspection underside before purchasing
- Do not attach Front License Plate holder (will do myself if i decide to).
- Ask about first 3 oil changes free (any good dealer will include).