GEN 2 Check Engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there fellas, just checking on this we y’all before I call the dealer tomorrow.

I went camping this weekend and on the way home I saw I had a check engine light. The Ford App said the following:

Multifunction Indicator Lamp - Regulatory
The Engine control system has reached its adaptive learning limits with the fuel control system. The Engine Start/Stop feature may be disabled (if equipped) when this fault is present.

So, I read this to mean that the only problem this is causing is that the Start/Stop systems is deactivated. So I should just ignore it right? This isn’t exactly a problem... haha...

But seriously, anyone have some useful input on the error message? Thanks...

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Ford Pass App provides a generic description; we would need the actual DTC(s) to determine what is going on. Do you have any mods?

TheHoff37129

Reaction score
Is there an update to this? Mine is not a Raptor, it’s a 2019 with the 5.0. It’s having the same issue. I have 10,900 miles. Airaid intake and Borla dual exhaust. I’ve already tried to reset the KAM, but may have not done it correctly.