GEN 2 Check Engine light/Wrench symbol/Sensors off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooby_01

Reaction score
My 2019 Ford raptor has 22k miles on it so far, is currently at the dealership. I was told they won't get to it until Tuesday. I was driving going about 50 to 55mph had to slow down. The truck shifted I assumed too low, was red line (was on Drive mode) and I put it into neutral was still revving up. I shut the truck off and waited about 5 minutes. I turned it back on and I got a check engine light, wrench symbol, and anti collision fault indicator. The tow truck driver informed me he knew someone with similar issues which ended up being the motherboard had to be replaced. I am just wondering what anyone thinks might be the issue to help keep my mind at bay until Tuesday. Thanks.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2019 Ford raptor has 22k miles on it so far, is currently at the dealership. I was told they won't get to it until Tuesday. I was driving going about 50 to 55mph had to slow down. The truck shifted I assumed too low, was red line (was on Drive mode) and I put it into neutral was still revving up. I shut the truck off and waited about 5 minutes. I turned it back on and I got a check engine light, wrench symbol, and anti collision fault indicator. The tow truck driver informed me he knew someone with similar issues which ended up being the motherboard had to be replaced. I am just wondering what anyone thinks might be the issue to help keep my mind at bay until Tuesday. Thanks.

Sorry to hear of the trouble. Don’t listen to tow truck drivers; there is no such thing as a “motherboard” on this vehicle or any other. There is a reason they’re driving a wrecker and not working as a technician.

I’ve never seen any engine with modern Electronic Throttle Control (ECT) rev up on its own as you describe; redundant circuits and calibration strategies are designed to prevent that from ever occurring. Please let us know what the dealer finds.