Check 4x4 Light (2014)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Khilborn

Reaction score
I was driving down the road in 4x2 about 30 MPH and the Check 4x4 light came on and my truck lost all power. I ended up turning my truck off and started it again and everything went back to normal. Any ideas what happened?

I rarely go in to 4x4 mode. I have had my truck for about a year and went in 4x4 maybe 4 times all being 4L

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Khilborn

Reaction score
This happened again this morning. The "Wrench" icon displayed on my dash and I lost all power while a t a red light. I had to shut the truck of, remove the key and start again for it to go away. No one else has had this issue? It happens while sitting at a red light.

Last edited:

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you...check the 4x4? She's trying to tell you something man! If it was mine I'd start with the transfer case (assuming you don't hear weird noises from the hubs indicating an IWE/vacuum problem, and since it's not happening when you're going in and out of 4wd); check wiring, connectors for damage or anything down there. Any codes stored? Anything changed right before it started happening?

OP
OP
K

Khilborn

Reaction score
Did you...check the 4x4? She's trying to tell you something man! If it was mine I'd start with the transfer case (assuming you don't hear weird noises from the hubs indicating an IWE/vacuum problem, and since it's not happening when you're going in and out of 4wd); check wiring, connectors for damage or anything down there. Any codes stored? Anything changed right before it started happening?

I was not in 4x4, I was in 4x2 as always. I never use 4x4. It's rare for me to use it.

Last edited:

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you done the Fuse #27 relocation? I know check 4x4 lights up when the truck loses power, engine quits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the throttle pedal still work or did it stop working by you saying lost power? Do you have a pedal commander? I had this happen to me, turned out to be a lack of signal from the throttle pedal. Shut the truck off, turned it back on, hasn't happeed since. (summer 2018)