GEN 2 Cheaper alternative to deavers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rear springs are toast, deavers are $1,400 and either need $300 bump pads or $1,200 bumps for a total of $1,700 to $2,600

Any middle of the road options?

I guess I could try to find some OEM takeoffs from someone who goes with Deavers?

Suggestions appreciated

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dont think so. The ICON leafs go for roughly the same price.

Id go take offs. I ended up selling mine on Craigslist for like $120 or so. Ive seen them on here too. If you have any local installers that see alot of Raptors, let em know youre looking for takeoffs. Im sure SVC, RPG, TMX, SDHQ etc may even have some they could ship.

shortdeck

Reaction score
I was hoping Atlas Springs. I emailed them last week for a quote on Gen 2 Raptor leafs and still haven't had a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dont think so. The ICON leafs go for roughly the same price.

Id go take offs. I ended up selling mine on Craigslist for like $120 or so. Ive seen them on here too. If you have any local installers that see alot of Raptors, let em know youre looking for takeoffs. Im sure SVC, RPG, TMX, SDHQ etc may even have some they could ship.

I live in Rural Maine, so not a lot of action up here. lol@local installers

Probably just try to find some take offs. I believe Ill need all new hardware as you have to cut the U-Bolts?

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I live in Rural Maine, so not a lot of action up here. lol@local installers

Probably just try to find some take offs. I believe Ill need all new hardware as you have to cut the U-Bolts?

New U bolts for sure. You dont have to cut them but they're torque to yield, so 1 time use only. Dont forget to re torque after 50 to 100 miles too. Id also use this as an opportunity to grease the pivot points and the leaf pads. Stock, Deavers, they all squeak after a while.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good leaf spring place should be able to re arch your factory springs.