*Cheap & Easy* Red Stripe Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-Jennifer69-

Reaction score
There’s always this place you can buy it from, it’s what I did for mine and it was missing when I bought it I dk why but seeing that empty spot that felt different from the rest of the wheel annoys me every time I drive it so I went hunting for it and found this place it’s the only place I found that has this piece.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the other Gen 2s, but mine has a crazy stitch over it that holds the whole wheel cover on. Looks like if you cut the old peice out it would unravel the whole wheel cover in short order. Not like the Gen 1s.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I used that first. It did look great. I did do several coats of the dye pen to make it look right again.
I did 6 coats with the dye pen. It looked great as it was going on, but dried a bit too dark and looked splotchy. I'll take a photo later of the tape. It looks awesome.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Funny how the tap is the perfect width to cover the stripe.
I had to cut it. Been a month or so and has held up really well. I try not to drive with my hand at the top on the tape, I rarely ever do anyhow. Will post a photo in a few minutes. I wrapped it around about 2.5 times. Getting the length right and the starting point so that the ending point came out good without cutting it on the wheel was an absolute miracle. Nailed it the first time.