Chasing that "frt end clunk"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm chasing this as well. I took off my rebuilt 3.0's as I thought (and was told by several shops, including the dealer) it was the shocks. I went back to stock OEM Fox shocks and STILL have the clunk. Been back to the dealer twice and they replaced end links.......and they STILL tell me it's my shocks. Starting to go through what may be the issue. I already swapped out the OEM LCA bolt with one from Forged Off Road. I'm going to check the pressure in my shocks to verify where they are at.

Going to be reading through this whole thread to get more ideas and see what I can check.

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UCA's.. these trucks seem to eat em up. They are cheap, just replace them.

Yeah, already looked at prices at Rock Auto. I'll go through the shocks this weekend and verify mine are not low. Will also check what the clearance is on the LCA/shock mount. Then I'll look at the UCA. The previous owners barely drove my truck (bought last year with 34k on the odo) so I'd like to think the UCA is fine.........but I'll find out shortly.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went through this a month ago, and it turned out to be the stabilizer end links.
The passenger side was worst than the drivers.
I only have 34,800 miles, I couldn't believe that little bit of looseness could cause the clunk.
Easy fix.

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through this a month ago, and it turned out to be the stabilizer end links.
The passenger side was worst than the drivers.
I only have 34,800 miles, I couldn't believe that little bit of looseness could cause the clunk.
Easy fix.

That's what I was hoping for, that's what the dealer just replaced.

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have my parts and will be replacing the UCA this weekend. Do I need to worry about affecting the alignment? Or is it an easy swap out to just undo the bolts?