Changing the sound - Magnaflow to Corsa Extreme question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustDennis

Reaction score
I've had my 2017 Raptor for several weeks now. I've found out quite a lot about it by searching this forum and testing it out. I really like truck but it is a change coming from a 2008 Harley Edition F-150 with a supercharger. The only thing I really don't care for so far is the sound. I've searched the forum, watched YouTube videos on exhausts over and over. I know this truck will never sound like my supercharged V8 but I'm hoping to get a deeper, growl that will be more acceptable. Even my wife continues to comment on how it doesn't sound like my old truck. She told me to "fix" it so here goes... :)

After some exploring, I have determined that the previous owner installed the MagnaFlow Ford F-150 Raptor Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System. He also installed the down pipes with the smaller cat - I'm assuming they are Magnaflow but not sure. Either way, the entire exhaust system is not stock. He also installed the Whipple Ecoboost CAI and had it tuned.

Here's my question(s) - after listening and reading, I think I would like to try the Corsa Xtreme exhaust or even the AWE kit(s). They seem to have the deeper growl that I would like. I haven't heard either in person so any input is welcome.
I would hate to replace the entire system and then find it wasn't any better. Would it be possible to install the Corsa Muffler Upgrade Kit 3" Stainless Steel in the existing system to get the sound or the AWE 1FG? I hate to mix and match but also hate to spend twice as much. I think all the pipes are 3" and wondered if the muffler would just add in? Would appreciate feedback and any experience you have.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you mentioned the AWE systems I'll chime in. I've had the 2FG on for about 1,200 miles so far and am really enjoying it. It's a much more baritone sound than stock and much less raspy than the Borla Atak (the only one I've had side by side). It'll even crackle at around 3-4k revs which I think is pretty fun.

Bonus is that it'll **** when you're just cruising like normal. You hear a little drone at certain rev/speed combos in top gear but 55mph and 70mph it's as quiet as stock and you can't hear it over the other NVH.

I saw you're in SC, if you ever make it up to eastern NC hit me up and I can show you in person.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put a stock exhaust back on it. You’ll never like the sound.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That could be an option but I don’t have one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Somebody has to have one. That’s why I used ‘a’ instead of ‘the’. Find one and be done with it.

If you love the sound of a V8, you’re chasing ghosts with an ECOBoost V6 exhaust. Don’t bother with aftermarket is all I’m getting at.

That’s been beat to death around here. Just trying to save you the aggravation.

OP
OP
JustDennis

JustDennis

Reaction score
Somebody has to have one. That’s why I used ‘a’ instead of ‘the’. Find one and be done with it.

If you love the sound of a V8, you’re chasing ghosts with an ECOBoost V6 exhaust. Don’t bother with aftermarket is all I’m getting at.

That’s been beat to death around here. Just trying to save you the aggravation.

I read all those threads and I know it will never sound like a V8 and it really shouldn't. I just don't care for the sound of the current system and wondered how I could change it to something closer to my liking versus buying an entire new exhaust system - aftermarket or stock.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read all those threads and I know it will never sound like a V8 and it really shouldn't. I just don't care for the sound of the current system and wondered how I could change it to something closer to my liking versus buying an entire new exhaust system - aftermarket or stock.

If your desire is simply to change the sound your on the right track. Nothing...absolutely nothing will make it sound good...objectively speaking. As to your person preference only you will be able answer that. About the only way is to listen to is on someone else's truck and make your own judgement. Every opinion you get on here is just that...an opinion...your tastes will vary so only you can judge. The suggestion to find a take off stock exhaust is probably your best cheapest bet. After that sky's the limit.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re keeping the downpipes. Do not go with AWE anything. The rasp is just embarrassing.

my suggestion is find someone with the stock exhaust pieces after downpipe and leave it. Best sounding imo.

Best setup imo.. adapters and spd catted dp. Stock the rest of the way down.

I’d prolly have gone this route had I known. I’ve gone from AWE 2FG to 1FG
SPD DP + 1FG lasted literally overnight
SPD DP + stock
SPD DP + corsa xtreme. Currently digging Xtreme setup now. Ps.. it’s loud.

Reaction score
I have had Corsa exhausts over the years on V8 trucks sounded great. This eco boost now I have the ATAK borla. It sounds ok but I know you will never get that sound you seeking from the Eco Boost like a V8. Plus you can listen to a hundred YouTube videos and they all sound the same. Best thing is to see who has one and listen to it in person. good luck