Change of heart (color)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave-O

Reaction score
I initially placed my order for the Gen 3, 37" package in Code Orange. I really liked how the color popped and it looked cool in the desert reveal video. After seeing some of the new review videos coming out on YouTube, I realized something that bothered me. When in the cab and doors shut, you can still see some orange around the door jam. I don't know why it bothered me but I think over the years, having that orange visible inside the cab would get old. I wanted a more subtle color. After seeing a YouTube video with the Raptor next to a real Raptor Jet, I thought the Iconic Silver would be cool because it looks like the real Raptor Jet. I'm happy with this decision and was extra happy when I called my dealer person and he told me that it wasn't to late to change it and had I waited another day or two, I may have been stuck with the Code Orange. No build date as of yet.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know why it bothered ya either. I like girls in the house, outside the house and even on top. If like the color...seeing it shouldn't trigger you. I think you will be fine.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I initially placed my order for the Gen 3, 37" package in Code Orange. I really liked how the color popped and it looked cool in the desert reveal video. After seeing some of the new review videos coming out on YouTube, I realized something that bothered me. When in the cab and doors shut, you can still see some orange around the door jam. I don't know why it bothered me but I think over the years, having that orange visible inside the cab would get old. I wanted a more subtle color. After seeing a YouTube video with the Raptor next to a real Raptor Jet, I thought the Iconic Silver would be cool because it looks like the real Raptor Jet. I'm happy with this decision and was extra happy when I called my dealer person and he told me that it wasn't to late to change it and had I waited another day or two, I may have been stuck with the Code Orange. No build date as of yet.
The Silver trucks are catching my eye more and more too. Really great color with a lot of depth! Its also the least ordered color, judging from our forum survey. Less common is rarely a bad thing (for vehicles). Glad you got it switched. Now stay after your dealer to make sure they don't cancel your order if its a 2021.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think Code Orange is an awesome color but that there will be a lot of them, don't think there will be near as many Silver Raptors out there and they are less noticeable.

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having a Code Orange is not for everyone. I have had all black or dark gray trucks until this one. I love it. It is Orange, no doubt about it. People will not confuse it with red in person.

New R3P7ER

Reaction score
I went from AMB to Atlas blue and after seeing an Iconic Silver 37 package on the road last week I immediately called my dealer and switched to Iconic Silver. It really caught my eye and I like how the amber lights look with the silver imo. I’ve had white cars forever, would have went with white but when I showed my kids they laughed and thought it looked like a storm trooper with all the black accents. Good luck all with the wait….