Chances of buying a 37 at MSRP (willing to wait)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions. Definitely not reaching out to any dealers at this time, just wanted to get the group's thoughts/outlook on what things might be like at the end of the year. Between the Bronco, Raptor R, TRX, new Tundra, I remain hopeful the rush to buy Raptors slows down.
Don't count on it...

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those waiting or forced into a 2022 model, when would that timeline to place an order be? October or November? Would there be an MSRP price increase also on the 2022? I wasn’t going to battle it out for one of the first but if I need to reserve a 2022 now I need to contact my dealer to set that up.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those waiting or forced into a 2022 model, when would that timeline to place an order be? October or November? Would there be an MSRP price increase also on the 2022? I wasn’t going to battle it out for one of the first but if I need to reserve a 2022 now I need to contact my dealer to set that up.
Just find a dealer and have them place an order. If they don’t have an allocation it will just get pushed to a ‘22. The sooner you order the better.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just find a dealer and have them place an order. If they don’t have an allocation it will just get pushed to a ‘22. The sooner you order the better.
Is it unreasonable thinking to want a model year 2022 over the 2021 just because of the blue book or it’s depreciation? If I place an order now it may get delivered in October as a 21 and in December as a 22? Is this even possible? I was also holding out hope for the fold flat seat option as a possibility for 2022.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it unreasonable thinking to want a model year 2022 over the 2021 just because of the blue book or it’s depreciation? If I place an order now it may get delivered in October as a 21 and in December as a 22? Is this even possible? I was also holding out hope for the fold flat seat option as a possibility for 2022.
Typically mid cycle refresh brings out new features and updates. Have seen small interior upgrades too, but not an entire seat option. But these are different times.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No. I'm really surprised that Ford is calling them 2021s. All I can guess is that they planned to ship them this spring and then things went south. Any truck built after June 30 should be called a 2022. They may still change that, depending on whether they've printed the manuals and sales brochures. Fold flat? Don't hold your breath. We might expect a refresh after two years, but the way things are going that may be MY2024 since MY2021 will be very low volume and so late in the year. Even then, fold-flat would be a surprise. I'm just hoping the **** blue interior bites the dust ...

Edit to add: The nanny is really working overtime. p o r n blue is somehow offensive? Please. I mean, it's really offensive, but the phrase is just fine. :)

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
You will likely not see any2022's until Jan/Feb of 2022.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to agree. Years past Ford built well into the fall. Ford has to get so many vehicles built and on the books to show sales/production or the stockholders won’t be happy.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Correct, but by now most dealers already have their allocations sold. So if he orders with a dealer that doesn’t have any more allocations then most likely when that allocation gets filled it will be after the ‘22s open up.

fts

Reaction score
I called several dealers yesterday, just to test it out, 11 dealers total. They all had at least one allocation, most two, and one of them had three allocations for 2021 left. Only one dealer said they sold all of their three allocations already.

All of the dealers who still have allocations told me $5K ADM and two of them said $10K ADM. :p