Chances of buying a 37 at MSRP (willing to wait)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I would try Mullinax Ford. They are in Florida so another 2 1/2 miles but they have no dealer fees or add ons. I dealt with Randy McDonald and was very happy with my 2020. Below MSRP and that was all (except a little over $100 to register and get tag transferred.)

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like northeast, southeast and Cali like to do ADM’s. They were doing them until the end of the Gen 2 lifecycle, but in most cases not crazy high. By year 3 invoice pricing could be had with shopping around.

Now these are crazy times as mentioned above. Body and ****** interaction goals make it even notoriously worse. But having TRX, future Raptor R, Bronco etc vehicles hitting the scene should allow for faster stabilization I think then years past. Not to mention those that want to buy an EV truck. I’d have to think some time in ‘22 things will start looking a bit different.

Heinz

Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is that MSRP may be higher on future model years. So, maybe you avoid ADM by waiting but you might pay the same amount or more depending on how Ford reacts to the current inflation environment in autos. Just something to keep in mind in case you come across the perfect truck with a small markup.

albuht813

Reaction score
I'm on a 2022 37 raptor list. I gave up trying to find a 2021.

Try Diana Wade at Whitmoyer Auto in PA. She's very pleasant and communicative. MSRP
717-653-8183

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just placed an order for one at MSRP. MSRP is available in GA (both Gwinnett Ford and Hennessey Ford said they would order one at MSRP). Just a side note IF you get the 37 option the only interior is a blue leather, not my first choice but since it is a darker blue I went ahead with the order. Only option I did not get was sunroof, never used the one in my Gen 1 Raptor so I could not justify 1500 for another.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Can you find an MSRP deal? Absolutely. However, there is no point in doing the leg work until you are ready to order. It's a waste of your time and the dealers time. A dealer likely fields hundreds of calls from people looking for various deals. Out of those hundreds, how many actually place an order? Very few. When you hit your goal and are ready to order you shouldn't have much issue getting an MSRP deal.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Long time reader, but just signed up and looking forward to being an active member.

I'm enjoying seeing everyone's excitement on their Gen 3 orders, my best wishes for some safe and fun times with your trucks.

Planning to get one myself, and was hoping I could get the forum's thoughts. My raptor purchase will only happen if I meet a personal goal by year end. I've tried and failed at this goal for many years, but confident in getting it done this time - the carrot certainly helps.

While I won't be ready to place the order until Jan 2022, I already know what I want - 37 package with all options, in Black or Antimatter Blue. Very much against paying ADM, so if I have to call 20 dealerships across 20 states - and wait a few months until an allocation at MSRP is available, I'm willing to do so - as long as it's within a ~day's travel from central MA. Which opens up all of New England, NY, NJ, PA, all the way out West to IL and south to GA. My last two vehicles (Subaru, Audi) were both purchased out of state (Ciocca in Allentown, PA) for better pricing.

Do y'all think the above flexibility makes it likely I'll be able to get one at MSRP?

Thank you.

try quirk Ford in Braintree ma, sold me a 2020 just under msrp & threw in a tonneau- this was in November of 2020 when shit was going sideways & even less inventory than now (in a way) w/ no idea when gen3 would be coming out or if it would at all

these guys did NOT have to sell me msrp, I wouldn’t say they were great to work w/, but not bad, seem like they’re just a big volume dealer who is good to book a sale & move on

OP
OP
T

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions. Definitely not reaching out to any dealers at this time, just wanted to get the group's thoughts/outlook on what things might be like at the end of the year. Between the Bronco, Raptor R, TRX, new Tundra, I remain hopeful the rush to buy Raptors slows down.

Badgertits, thanks for the tip on Quirk, I see their stickers on cars around here all the time, and I'm north of Boston so clearly they're a high volume dealer. Will start with my local Ford dealer but then definitely try Quirk if needed.