Chances of buying a 37 at MSRP (willing to wait)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long time reader, but just signed up and looking forward to being an active member.

I'm enjoying seeing everyone's excitement on their Gen 3 orders, my best wishes for some safe and fun times with your trucks.

Planning to get one myself, and was hoping I could get the forum's thoughts. My raptor purchase will only happen if I meet a personal goal by year end. I've tried and failed at this goal for many years, but confident in getting it done this time - the carrot certainly helps.

While I won't be ready to place the order until Jan 2022, I already know what I want - 37 package with all options, in Black or Antimatter Blue. Very much against paying ADM, so if I have to call 20 dealerships across 20 states - and wait a few months until an allocation at MSRP is available, I'm willing to do so - as long as it's within a ~day's travel from central MA. Which opens up all of New England, NY, NJ, PA, all the way out West to IL and south to GA. My last two vehicles (Subaru, Audi) were both purchased out of state (Ciocca in Allentown, PA) for better pricing.

Do y'all think the above flexibility makes it likely I'll be able to get one at MSRP?

Thank you.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It depends. Does the chip shortage end? Does the backlog of vehicle demand decrease? Does the economy improve? Does it get worse? Do gas prices rise? Do gas prices fall? If you assume that things don't change much, I'd say you have a good chance. I'd expect the opportunity to buy at invoice to be out two or three years if we make that same assumption.

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than a few dealers are willing to do msrp, it’s just a matter of finding them and being patient. It sounds like your in no hurry so yes very doable.

OP
OP
T

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts, everyone.

Model year 2022 not being as compressed as 2021, along with competition from the TRX and Raptor R helps keep ADMs in check, I hope.

Can't wait to see pictures as the 2021s start arriving. That will help narrow down my color choices.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is your goal sleeping with a girl this year?
As opposed to ...

A sheep?
A boy?
A woman?
A man?
Spanking the monkey?
Abstinence?

Seems like a personal question unrelated to Raptors, but maybe the action is to take place in the back seat.

OP
OP
T

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a simple bodyweight / composition goal. I closed out 2020 at 192 lbs. Goal is to get to 170 by year end, currently hovering around 180. I'm 6'0 tall so 192 hides well, but ~170 is really where I've always looked and performed (strength sports) best.

A primarily meat and vegetables diet will do it for me. Simple but not easy. The snacks / treats are becoming harder to resist in my middle age.