Ceramic Coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thamac15

Reaction score
$800 is very cheap for a reputable detailer. You won’t get 5 years out of it unless you maintain it extremely well while washing weekly and not going more than every two weeks. Ceramic coatings are amazing, but they are high maintenance. I recommend a polyoxsilane coating for ease of use with great chemical resistance and durability for well over a year. Meguiars hybrid paint coating is one I highly recommend for those that want the benefits of a ceramic or graphene coating with easier application. However, the durability isn’t at the ceramic coatings level. No matter what you use, you have to maintain it, if you’re the one that goes 3 months without washing, your ceramic coating won’t last long, nothing will.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
To get 5 years out of a coating, the car would probably have to be garaged kept and meticulously maintained. By the time your 5 years are up you'd likely want to have it freshened up. I do my own ceramic coating, but I keep my truck outside. I'll likely do another light polish to get the few pin stripes and towel marring off and re-apply. That would be around 14 months after I first applied. I used CarPro 3.0 UK and may do Gtechnigue this second time. $800 seems to good to be true. I'd ask if they are doing a full paint correction and how they prep the vehicle.

DMM_78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 3 year Opti Coat on my Gen 3. They did a great job. It was about $1000 which included the paint correction. I have the 5 year Ceramic Pro on my GT 500. The Ceramic Pro was more. However, it works much better. The soap basically falls off when you wash it.

Reaction score
Ceramic Pro in Carlsbad, CA. I got the whole front end covered with PPF and the whole vehicle coated with their "gold package". My truck looks amazing. I've gotten all my other cars done by them including my wife's new Z71 Tahoe. It drastically cuts down on maintenance time such as washing and waxing. Water slides right off like ball bearings.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Won’t be more budget friendly & certainly won’t be more protection than Xpel ultimate or some other ppf, course you could go full OCD **** retentive & do a ceramic coating OVER a ppf, & then you could run head first into a suicidal deer like I did 35-40k into ownership & pi$$ that $7-10k right out the window @ point of impact ‍♂️♂️

I’d go partial ppf on areas that tend to get the most damage. Ceramic coating good if you got the $$$ & gonna offroad a lot makes cleanup
Easy, but IMHO that belongs more on a Ford GT not a Ford Raptor

But then again, F it, you’re spending $80k on a luxo offroad truck w/ great resale value. Some idiot on west coast will pay extra for the double ceramic coat over ppf, YOLO