Ceramic Coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also curious ^. Had a full XPEL wrap done about a month ago.
It’s going to make the surfaces treated easier to clean after the fact like anything ceramic coated….but in terms of protecting the protection (the PPF) it doesnt make any sense as anything thats serious enough to damage PPF isn’t going to be reduced by a ceramic coating. So you’d have to decide if easier washing/detailing is worth spending that kinda $$$$ on top of a PPF that’s already there to give the paint protection.

IMHO I really really wouldn’t.

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s going to make the surfaces treated easier to clean after the fact like anything ceramic coated….but in terms of protecting the protection (the PPF) it doesnt make any sense as anything thats serious enough to damage PPF isn’t going to be reduced by a ceramic coating. So you’d have to decide if easier washing/detailing is worth spending that kinda $$$$ on top of a PPF that’s already there to give the paint protection.

IMHO I really really wouldn’t.
as it is, first time i washed the truck after having PPF put in, everything came off so easily. I noticed the wash was significantly easier.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$800 is very cheap for a reputable detailer. You won’t get 5 years out of it unless you maintain it extremely well while washing weekly and not going more than every two weeks. Ceramic coatings are amazing, but they are high maintenance. I recommend a polyoxsilane coating for ease of use with great chemical resistance and durability for well over a year. Meguiars hybrid paint coating is one I highly recommend for those that want the benefits of a ceramic or graphene coating with easier application. However, the durability isn’t at the ceramic coatings level. No matter what you use, you have to maintain it, if you’re the one that goes 3 months without washing, your ceramic coating won’t last long, nothing will.
So, the rest of us that live in colder climates are screwed? 3 months is not a long time to go without a proper wash. Ceramic can handle it, it's bonded very well to the clear coat and will only degrade more as you wash more.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, the rest of us that live in colder climates are screwed? 3 months is not a long time to go without a proper wash. Ceramic can handle it, it's bonded very well to the clear coat and will only degrade more as you wash more.
There are rinse less washes that will keep the ceramic in good shape.