Ceramic Coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wowanothertruck

Reaction score
Im thinking of getting ceramic coating and paint correction done for my Gen 3. Figured this route would be more budget friendly than an Xpel wrap. For those that have done ceramic coating before, what is the going rate and warranty? I received a quote for $800 for 5 years.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you live, who’s doing it and what product they use

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The five years is a bit of nonsense. If it doesn’t last, are they going to redo it for free? Will they still be around?

Graphene coatings are a newer tech. Check it out.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do not. I'm going by watching detailers on youtube who have compared the two against one another, such as Pan the Organizer, and there is a forensic detailing channel that scientifically tested them against one another.

Also, ceramic is known to suffer from water spotting.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of getting ceramic coating and paint correction done for my Gen 3. Figured this route would be more budget friendly than an Xpel wrap. For those that have done ceramic coating before, what is the going rate and warranty? I received a quote for $800 for 5 years.
I went through Ziebart because I have used them for detailing for several years on mine and my wife's vehicles and been really happy with their work. Their ceramic has a 10 year warranty and cost around $1,100 - $1,200. I am very happy with it so far. I will take it back to them yearly just for them to inspect the truck to make sure everything looks good with the ceramic and nothing needs touched up. This is all part of the warranty. I like my Ziebart because the guy that owns it, is also working on the cars and takes a lot of pride in their product and their work.
Washed my car the other day with just a wet wash cloth and dried it off right away. That is part of the beauty of ceramic, it makes cleaning it so much easier.
Ziebarts aren't everywhere. It does depend on what ceramic brand or detail shop you go with. Ceramic Pro is good and has different levels of coverage. I think they have products anywhere from 2 years to lifetime warranties.

Last edited: