Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Ceramic coating

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by scott rissmiller, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Troutrad

Troutrad Full Access Member

Griot’s towels are spendy, but they are the best. Bought 2 of the even larger edgeless towels they have after buying a couple $25 towels from another vendor and a couple $15 towels from a 3rd. Pretty much get what you pay for... good, better, best as you go up in price. Griot’s are the best:

https://www.griotsgarage.com/produc...eless+drying+towel.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn

richnot likes this.
  2. richnot

richnot Full Access Member

Where and who is the guy that your having do it come from? Can`t he sleep in your basement to cut the cost down lol. I was watching a youtube video of BustedKnuckle rock crawlers that they build. The one that they just finished had a procharger on a Ford tall deck.Brodix heads, methanol and you name it done to the motor. I think it was spinning 47" tires that were custom grooved and shed 50 pounds off each tire.
    Anyway the thing was that had a special tuner fly in just for this project, by fly in I mean in what looked to be a Piper Cub J-3 Tail dragger landed in a field next to their shop. It's a pretty impressive shop and the parts they use on the builds are probably the best of the best and just plain sweet looking

https://bustedknuckleoffroad.com/

https://bustedknuckleoffroad.com/apps/gallery/album/Gold Rush

3. richnot

Black in ceramic is the best thing, never see any swirl marks on the paint in the sun. I wish that ceramic coating was available back when I had my black Stang, talk about having to do paint correction right off the showroom floor the orange peel was nasty looking

scott rissmiller likes this.
  4. Dirtypope

Dirtypope Full Access Member

Dirt won’t stick. I think it’s worth every penny. Graphene coating will probably replace ceramic in the long run

richnot likes this.
  5. pbtjrlmrt

pbtjrlmrt Full Access Member

I covered all painted surfaces and also the headlights. I did not do the bumpers. Based on the parts cost from your link the cost is 4945.55. I paid about 6k all in and another 900 to put ceramic coating on top of it. Because I had the factory decals on the hood and rear fenders they had to cut around those and they did an amazing job as you can't even tell. Looks like I paid 1k for the install based on the cost of parts not including the ceramic coating that was applied after. The whole thing was done using Xpel Ultimate Plus.

For those in Oregon these are the guys that did my work and they are awesome!!

https://www.tctwraps.com/

richnot likes this.
  6. Alvin Newell

Alvin Newell Member

Got mine done last week... here are some photos..

IMG_20200924_160912.jpg

IMG_20200924_160853.jpg

IMG_20200924_160843.jpg

richnot, scott rissmiller and 2slo4u like this.
  7. DJ Embu

DJ Embu Member

Truck is at the shop right now getting the coating along with some other work. I went to go look at it after they did the paint correction and my 2019 Agate Black looked unbelievable. Saw a lead foot that was already coated and it definitely looked worth it. Picking up the truck this weekend and will post some photos but from what I have seen looks well worth it.

richnot likes this.
  8. scott rissmiller

scott rissmiller Member

richnot likes this.
  9. Dirtypope

Dirtypope Full Access Member

222D7EEA-00D6-4F8E-9F99-AA2FF1F9EBB3.jpeg EAB4D9D3-CD1A-4DC3-88F3-1C3B9A0272A3.jpeg
    5B5D50E4-90A2-4F67-A6B9-E58970AEAD13.jpeg 4F65E29F-51DC-4583-9D7C-B220B9FCB15C.jpeg

10. richnot

Dirtypope, That shine is amazing, just looking at your pictures shows that it is worth it! I like the subtle decal on the hood and not having the graphics package on it. I had to do a double take on the flares, without my glasses on they looked like carbon fiber

Real nice Raptor you have there!

Dirtypope likes this.