Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Ceramic coating

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by scott rissmiller, Sep 23, 2020.

1. 911 Crazy

911 Crazy FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

The ceramic goes on after the wrap.

richnot and Proflyer like this.
  2. jabroni619

jabroni619 FRF Addict

The ceramic goes on top of the wrap

Paint > Wrap > Ceramic

EDIT: Just noticed this was already pointed out

richnot and 911 Crazy like this.
  3. Proflyer

Proflyer FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

I know that guys. But a shop here tried to sell my buddy ceramic, then wrap, then ceramic again. Just a warning for those who don’t know any different. Don’t want to get taken by a piker detail shop.

richnot likes this.
  4. dblack

dblack Full Access Member

I would definitely say it is worth it. The Raptor is the 3rd vehicle I've had coated and will always do it on any vehicles going forward.

richnot likes this.
  5. richnot

richnot Full Access Member

I just had my truck done with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra and according to the detailer and website it is a professional application only product. It does have a 9 year guarantee as long as it gets inspected once a year at no cost by an authorized detailer. My initial issue was with water spots on the hood decals that they could not remove. They put down Expel stealth film over them and they can no longer be seen, my other choice was to remove or replace the graphics and that was not a cheap option.

I had looked at other cars that they had in their shop and one was in for it`s one year inspection and could not believe how the water just ran off of it and they just hit it with a PFM drying towel from Groits Garage and it looked like one of the cars they just finished applying it on. After seeing that I decided to go ahead and have it done, I wish I could have done it myself especially after watching videos that the manufactures put out on how to do it, but no way I could do with a bad back and awaiting a shoulder replacement

Troutrad and Proflyer like this.
  6. scott rissmiller

scott rissmiller Member

awesome responses

so how much should i expect to pay for the ceramic coating?

I am in Charlotte NC?

richnot likes this.
  7. 970rap

970rap Member

I don't have any experience with it so my opinion is probably stupid, but it seems too expensive/time consuming for what basically amounts to a fancy wax job. If it protected from scratches I'd be all for it.

isis likes this.
  8. richnot

I can tell you from what forum members have said it varies based upon your location and what product is used and the warranty that is given. I had received quotes from $1100 to $1750

If you do your research you will see the difference between wax and ceramic coating.
    I can't physically wax my truck 2-3 times a year and this was the best option in paint protection for me. No it doesn't protect against scratches but it does protect the paint

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  9. richnot

Thanks for the links, What foam cannon and soap are you using?

10. Proflyer

Proflyer FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

It’s not even close to a fancy wax job. You can’t wax a car to a level that ceramic protects. Even if you did a full hand wax daily, it’d never be the same as a 9h hardness ceramic coating. It’s expensive for a reason. The coating like Gtecniq is about $200, the time is the rest. And it depends on how much paint correction you need. A brand new truck will be less than a 3 year old truck with scratches and surface contaminants.

richnot likes this.