CEO of Dodge announces muscle transition from gas to electric.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the contrary, I think there is some room for EVs in Police/Fire/Emergency. For the most part, they are not expected to travel long distances, and EVs are better when expectation is that they'll sit idle much of the time. The weight for Fire and Emergency may be the bigger issue. I'm not saying a full replacement with EV, just that it makes some sense for some beat cops to use EVs.
Ladder trucks, pump trucks even ambuses require mass energy when performing their intended duties and and we are years away from the capacity on that scale. Maybe parking meter officers can do electric; however, imagine the first call for a violence act and the squad dispatched can’t make it. Major liability.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ladder trucks, pump trucks even ambuses require mass energy when performing their intended duties and and we are years away from the capacity on that scale. Maybe parking meter officers can do electric; however, imagine the first call for a violence act and the squad dispatched can’t make it. Major liability.

I don't think we're really disagreeing here. I agree that heavy vehicles aren't good candiates for EV. I do think that the average patrol car stays under 300 miles a day, and woudln't be an issue. But I'm not in law enforcement.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think we're really disagreeing here. I agree that heavy vehicles aren't good candiates for EV. I do think that the average patrol car stays under 300 miles a day, and woudln't be an issue. But I'm not in law enforcement.
We’re aligned

RAPTORZIN

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The video of the Ford Lightning crapping out after pulling a trailer for 60 miles was good enough for me. No interest in EV, even if they had a charger on every block.

PRod

Reaction score
I do think the writing is on the wall, just not even in this decade. EV are in their infancy now, its like buying a flat screen LCD TV in 2001. I wouldn't make any decisions now on EV thinking in two years you should not have bought a gas vehicle. The EV is hyped and political tool mostly.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score

Correct me if I am wrong, which I am a lot, but I think meter maids vehicles are already electric. Little 3 wheeled golf cart things.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I say the ICE will never(?) go away as full electric just isn’t feasible in a free country. However, hybrids are feasible today. Well, when some bright young engineer builds a small ICE that only runs a generator to charge the main motor drive battery. Or maybe just to run all the accessories so the main motor only drives the vehicle. There’s several ways to reduce ICE dependency, but nothing will ever “replace” it 100%.

Well, there remains the Tesla wireless electrical energy derived directly from the earth, but someone stole and buried his work…

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yes, the Dodge Charger Daytona SRT is powered by batteries and electric motors, but air still swooshes through chambers and pipes for a rumble very similar to the roar of a Hemi Hellcat V-8 in today's Dodge Chargers and Challengers. It is only when the electric Charger is being turned off that the final whirr reminds you it is a battery-electric car. And no melted jellybean shape here—the car is sleek, powerful, and true to Dodge muscle car DNA.

What the? So it's pretty much got a built in wind instrument to make fake V8 noises, instead of speakers in the cabin. Should put a keyboard on steering wheel so that driver can make music on the road.

Does it only work when the vehicle in motion, or is there some fans at the front to force air through?