CEO of Dodge announces muscle transition from gas to electric.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The video of the Ford Lightning crapping out after pulling a trailer for 60 miles was good enough for me. No interest in EV, even if they had a charger on every block.
Imagine waiting 18 months for your lightning after watching Linda Zhang get out of the truck after pulling 20 automotive rail cars, getting the 5 and 6 year olds stoked to go camping and only making it down the road less than 100 miles…. Talk about buzzkill….

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes, the Dodge Charger Daytona SRT is powered by batteries and electric motors, but air still swooshes through chambers and pipes for a rumble very similar to the roar of a Hemi Hellcat V-8 in today's Dodge Chargers and Challengers. It is only when the electric Charger is being turned off that the final whirr reminds you it is a battery-electric car. And no melted jellybean shape here—the car is sleek, powerful, and true to Dodge muscle car DNA.

What the? So it's pretty much got a built in wind instrument to make fake V8 noises, instead of speakers in the cabin. Should put a keyboard on steering wheel so that driver can make music on the road.

Does it only work when the vehicle in motion, or is there some fans at the front to force air through?
Sounded like my Ninja blender on the countertop

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What the? So it's pretty much got a built in wind instrument to make fake V8 noises, instead of speakers in the cabin. Should put a keyboard on steering wheel so that driver can make music on the road.

Woodwind, or brass? It makes a difference. Embouchure, tonality, etc. Plus, it is well documented fact that brass instruments are just better than woodwinds. And don’t get me started on concussionists percussionists...

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Woodwind, or brass? It makes a difference. Embouchure, tonality, etc. Plus, it is well documented fact that brass instruments are just better than woodwinds. And don’t get me started on concussionists percussionists...

Brass, obviously. Either way though, you're going have to get up in there and clean the undercarriage every now and then to keep your instrument in in good working condition.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Brass, obviously. Either way though, you're going have to get up in there and clean the undercarriage every now and then to keep your instrument in in good working condition.
no, brass instruments all have spit valves...

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EV's will NOT save anything, if you consider the life cycle of the entire car, from batteries to motors they are a huge waste of resources. It takes thousands of gallons of diesel fuel in mining the raw minerals for the batteries, let alone the damage to the environment from strip mining, we won't even talk about how power plants make electricity, hint it is not from fairy dust. But hey it's a feel-good moment for idiots. I will never buy an EV so all these companies that will only sell EV's in 2030 or whatever. I really hope they go bankrupt; I will however spend allot of money rebuilding, retromodding, and selling older trucks, cars, and jeeps. So for all the auto mfg's out there, you will NEVER get any money out of me for an EV, ever. Stick that plug up your #$#!.